DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air vs Mini 3

Clement312

Reactions
Hello all!

I have a Mavic Air and I was thinking of upgrading. I saw a DJI sale that puts the Mini 3 with the RC for $429! This fits perfectly my budget but I wanted to see if it would be a pretty big upgrade compared to the Mavic air that I’ve had for 5 years.

Thanks!

Reactions: 4006448
Hello all!

I have a Mavic Air and I was thinking of upgrading. I saw a DJI sale that puts the Mini 3 with the RC for $429! This fits perfectly my budget but I wanted to see if it would be a pretty big upgrade compared to the Mavic air that I’ve had for 5 years.

Thanks!
Welcome from the Heart of England. If you're referring to the original Air: then I think you might be quite taken with the mini 3 (although the one I use is the mini 3 pro). The only thing that might take you by surprise is just how small the form factor is and how light, which still makes me slightly nervous when I put it up on a blustery day, but so far: in over 18 months, it hasn't put a foot wrong and the camera is frankly jaw-dropping.

Reactions: CJG
Welcome from the Heart of England. If you're referring to the original Air: then I think you might be quite taken with the mini 3 (although the one I use is the mini 3 pro). The only thing that might take you by surprise is just how small the form factor is and how light, which still makes me slightly nervous when I put it up on a blustery day, but so far: in over 18 months, it hasn't put a foot wrong and the camera is frankly jaw-dropping.
I can only agree about the Mini 3 Pro.

I also have a Mavic 2 Pro; and when a Mini 5 Pro comes along (the Mini 4 Pro didn’t seem worth upgrading to) I’ll probably sell the Mavic 2 Pro. I’m not sure its that much better than the Mini 3 Pro/[5 Pro] and certainly the sub-250g minis are more regulation friendly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cubesinfotech