DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic disasters

Danchow96

Reactions
Have you ever experienced a crash / collision / complete loss of control of your Mavic?

If so, why did it happen? Did it survive?

Flying in reverse, no collision avoidance in reverse

Prop strike going forward, collision can't detect twigs

Props not unfolding on startup, best to unfold first

Near crash when forced magic to keep flying to dead battery (this was a low level ground level flight to test the system)

Flying in close quarters in sport mode (controls are vert responsive)

Flying in 15 mph wind with strong gusts. Magic was blown back with full forward stick. Had to defend and duck behind a structure to regain control. Then made my way home flying at ground level.

Flying with DJI goggle at 1 meter AGL without enough experience, clipped a tree

Remote landing in tall grass ( grass wound around props and motor) causing motor overload

Allowing a RTH after dark ( would have landed on house due to low light) gps only gets you close, the vision system pinpoints your takeoff point

Hitting RTH after walking a long distance from home and forgetting to establish a new home

Being under a canopy of trees at low battery and RTH auto activated (avoided crash by pulling down on stick

Drone entrees a auto landing for unknown reason 1 mile from home (avoided crash by canceling RTH and flying home.

Changed controls not remembering to set RTH altitude which was zero.

I'm sure there are more but all were pilot error

Flying in reverse, no collision avoidance in reverse

Prop strike going forward, collision can't detect twigs

Props not unfolding on startup, best to unfold first

Near crash when forced magic to keep flying to dead battery (this was a low level ground level flight to test the system)

Flying in close quarters in sport mode (controls are vert responsive)

Flying in 15 mph wind with strong gusts. Magic was blown back with full forward stick. Had to defend and duck behind a structure to regain control. Then made my way home flying at ground level.

Flying with DJI goggle at 1 meter AGL without enough experience, clipped a tree

Remote landing in tall grass ( grass wound around props and motor) causing motor overload

Allowing a RTH after dark ( would have landed on house due to low light) gps only gets you close, the vision system pinpoints your takeoff point

Hitting RTH after walking a long distance from home and forgetting to establish a new home

Being under a canopy of trees at low battery and RTH auto activated (avoided crash by pulling down on stick

Drone entrees a auto landing for unknown reason 1 mile from home (avoided crash by canceling RTH and flying home.

Changed controls not remembering to set RTH altitude which was zero.

I'm sure there are more but all were pilot error

I can see why your name is "Mad Mavic"

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702