DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Enterprise; Inspire or Matrice? What is the better upgrade for Site Survey/Mapping/Search and Rescue.

PITTMAV69

Reactions
Hello all. I received my Part 107 license around the last week in November. I currently own and fly an MA2. My primary areas for business opportunities at the moment are: Real Estate/Entertainment and Marketing video/Site Survey and Mapping. I have also recently been approached by a member of a local FD in regards to their need of a licensed RPIC for Search and Rescue Team. They have a Mavic Enterprise. I'm seriously considering adding to my inventory so I'm prepared for more industrial/scientific and S&R missions. My question is regarding the purchase of target specific aircraft; meaning; which setup will offer the most "Bang for the Buck" when it comes to multi-use drones and also if the birds I'm looking at (Mavic Enterprise; Matrice and Inspire) will take care of all my needs or if they are each "Target Specific" to an individual task. Note: I am aware that in order to perform S&R; I will need a camera with IR capabilities. Beyond that; I'm really just trying to get better educated before I dump thousands into a setup that will end up collecting dust. My initial plan is to lean more towards Scientific/Survey and Mapping flights. S&R is a service I would love to provide but; financially speaking; it may need to wait awhile until I'm a bit more knowledeable and the business is financially sound. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: jimlips
The Matrice 210/300 is by far the most versatile of the ones you've listed but it comes with a steep price tag and the sensors (cameras) are steep as well. It's going to take a lot of Mapping etc to get your $$ back for such a high end aircraft and there is no $$ in Search & Rescue.

As a Side Note: Make sure those on the FD/PD understand the capabilities as well as the LIMITATIONS of implementing a UAS to the mix. Many think it's the Silver Bullet that will forever change SAR but it's just another took in the bag of many. Many "bottom feeding" dealers are selling way over hyped promises and dreams to get departments to open their wallets and MANY are getting "duped".

Do not buy a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual for SAR. It has a range of around 100 ft AGL to see people in the best of use cases.
We used ours twice looking for suspects and came up empty twice. The one time the suspect was found in an area by dogs that we had went over several times. (The State Police helicopter also missed him with their much higher end thermal. It was a hot summer day and people were about the same temperature as the ground)
The other time the suspect escaped the area or remained concealed, we will never know. (I think he exited the area before a cordon was set up)

One was in daylight and the other night. We went out and bought a Autel Evo 2 Dual and hopefully in the next search we are much better armed for the mission.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242