DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Fly App Battery % Question

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, Does anyone else have an issue seeing the battery % on the "DJI FLY " app ? Most of the time I struggle to see the battery % when flying... So small and hard to see also it changes depends on the shy color on the phone too! Thanks Guys!

Reactions: Fernando_CWB
Thanks! But I know when u hit the battery the battery info pops up. not sure if it tells u the % ... it tells you voltage etc ... correct? Not the Battery %

The text for the satellites and battery % is difficult to read against the sky or clouds. I think it was @OMM who tilts the camera gimbal down to check the battery % etc. so the ground becomes the background and the white text shows up much better. Sure hope that text problem is updated soon.

You're right the detailed battery info doesn't show the percentage. The green in each of the cell icons gives a good indication what's left (similar to percentage) and a more accurate display of battery balance and voltages. Also as high heat damages batteries and with the hot days of summer coming, keeping an eye on the temperature is a good idea to maybe fly a little slower to maximize battery health.

DJI Fly interface is very nice without the strip that had the DJI GO 4 on top, but it is a problem to see the number of satellites, the battery. Now in the latest version 1.0.8, I change the size of the number of satellites to bigger but I have the problem that in white clouds the number gets confused.

DJI has to improve a lot the DJI Fly app, at the moment I see it very limited compared to the DJI GO 4

It doesn't have the compass interference meter, which I personally find very useful.

It doesn't have a battery adjustment feature.

It doesn't have a mode switch for GPS, SPORT, OPTI and ATTI

I think that 6 months since DJI Fly came out is a lot and what a shame that even so the DJI GO 4 is still better, I have my suspicions that when the Mavic Air 2 comes out it will give more improvements to the APP.

I have already posted a message at DJI Forum about this issue, that at my point of view, is a weakness of DJI Fly.
I hope also that with the use of DJI Fly by the new Mavic Air 2, they will improve the visibility of the upper information at the screen of the app.
????

I have already posted a message at DJI Forum about this issue, that at my point of view, is a weakness of DJI Fly.
I hope also that with the use of DJI Fly by the new Mavic Air 2, they will improve the visibility of the upper information at the screen of the app.
????

I was going to try the New Mavic air 2 , but when I found out it uses the Fly APP I may not even bother and just use my Spark and Mavic 2 Pro ... They both use the DJI GO app... Shame on them using that SMALL tiny unseeable battery % !

the white lettering that is difficult to see is not the only issue with the fly app,it also needs to be optimised for the IOS version so it fills the screen on larger ipads,like the GO4 app does

I saw that this week was released the Dji Fly version 1.1.0 and I do not see any relevant modification at the visility of the upper information.
If the number of satellites is important to take off, why not make this information clearly visible?
An option could be to highlight it in the same way as when you click on the battery and the data is shown in a small box.
Wenn we fly at a cloudy day, as the picture below, this information are really difficult to see. The number of satellite has a white font and it is so small that it is practically invisible.
This is a point we have to keep claiming.

Attachments

• IMG_3763.PNG
    IMG_3763.PNG
    316.3 KB · Views: 27
I saw that this week was released the Dji Fly version 1.1.0 and I do not see any relevant modification at the visility of the upper information.
If the number of satellites is important to take off, why not make this information clearly visible?
An option could be to highlight it in the same way as when you click on the battery and the data is shown in a small box.
Wenn we fly at a cloudy day, as the picture below, this information are really difficult to see. The number of satellite has a white font and it is so small that it is practically invisible.
This is a point we have to keep claiming.
it has been optimised for ios so now the white info has a black background ,dont know about the android version

Terrible... I was going to buy the New Air 2 ... But it uses this crappy FLY APP... Ill buy it WHEN they CHANGE BATTERY ICON! THATS THAT!

Hello,

Just to be fair with Dji, they have done an improvement at the version 1.1.0 of the Dji Fly.
For this version is visible a light change in the battery icon, which has become a little more visible, although still represented in white.
See some pictures taken today using the new App at an iPhone 6.

125346yfi6nxi6on0fz6oo.png

125358oswbtrrddw9tbdr0.png

I don't understand why the satellite icon is so small. If the ideia from Dji is to keep the interface clean, they could use the same proposal that was used at the battery, where the data is shown more detailled (battery voltage, temperature) when we touch at the icon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy