DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic High Wind Warning (crying wolf)

I agree the wind warnings are needed, but I also agree that the setting is too sensitive. This is a problem that was introduced around the 3rd firmware update. I didn't have any problems before that. I only got wind speed warning when there were winds high enough to cause concern. Now the warnings are so frequent and almost meaningless that I just ignore them. That defeats the purpose of a warning and causes more of a safety concern when you assume the warnings are always false alarms. It was better before... when you only got high wind alarms when you really had high winds.

I agree the wind warnings are needed, but I also agree that the setting is too sensitive. This is a problem that was introduced around the 3rd firmware update. I didn't have any problems before that. I only got wind speed warning when there were winds high enough to cause concern. Now the warnings are so frequent and almost meaningless that I just ignore them. That defeats the purpose of a warning and causes more of a safety concern when you assume the warnings are always false alarms. It was better before... when you only got high wind alarms when you really had high winds.

Yes, exactly. The warnings are useless when they occur every time you fly even in very moderate wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki