DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic IMU calibration hangs

inigosword

Reactions
My Mavic Pro 2 indicates the IMU needs calibration. Looking at the sensor status, ACC1 is colored Red while the other sensors are Green, Moving the drone around results in all the IMU sensors indicating that movement is occurring. When I try to calibrate the IMU, it hangs at step #2. This Mavi Pro 2 has not been in a crash. Since the sensors are all recording movement, I assume this is not a hardware issue. The latest firmware is installed. Not sure how to fix this. The drone flies okay but really needs a calibration. Appreciate any thoughts on this.
Thanks, Randy

My Mavic Pro 2 indicates the IMU needs calibration. Looking at the sensor status, ACC1 is colored Red while the other sensors are Green, Moving the drone around results in all the IMU sensors indicating that movement is occurring. When I try to calibrate the IMU, it hangs at step #2. This Mavi Pro 2 has not been in a crash. Since the sensors are all recording movement, I assume this is not a hardware issue. The latest firmware is installed. Not sure how to fix this. The drone flies okay but really needs a calibration. Appreciate any thoughts on this.
Thanks, Randy
I did some digging and found the answer and have successfully calibrated my IMU. As I saw many others online asking for help with the IMU calibration hanging at Step 2, this solution should be helpful to others:
The problem is the calibration has completed calibration and the first of 5 drone positions and is waiting for the drone to be turned to a new side. Being my first time doing the IMU calibration, I did not notice the picture of the drone changed on the app. I did not see any text to turn the drone. When it is calibrating at a position, the rear drone lights are yellow. When that position completes, the lights flash green. You need to move to the next position when the lights start flashing green again. Or just pay attention to the drone picture on your app :)
This is the position sequence for the calibration.

1. M2P on its "legs"
2. M2P on its right side (reset button side)
3. M2P on its left side (sd card slot side)
4. M2P on its rear end vertical.
5. M2P on its back.

Hope this is useful to others that were stuck like me.

Last edited:
This just saved my life, thank goodness for the forum!!
Powered my Mini 2 up for first flight only to find IMU calibration required. Started the procedure but hung up (I thought) at 95%. I hadn't noticed that the drone picture to the left of the screen had rotated to a new position!!
You'd think they would put a message up on the screen to move the drone to new position!

I did some digging and found the answer and have successfully calibrated my IMU. As I saw many others online asking for help with the IMU calibration hanging at Step 2, this solution should be helpful to others:
The problem is the calibration has completed calibration and the first of 5 drone positions and is waiting for the drone to be turned to a new side. Being my first time doing the IMU calibration, I did not notice the picture of the drone changed on the app. I did not see any text to turn the drone. When it is calibrating at a position, the rear drone lights are yellow. When that position completes, the lights flash green. You need to move to the next position when the lights start flashing green again. Or just pay attention to the drone picture on your app :)

1. M2P on its "legs"
5. M2P on its back.

Thanks for that i would still be looking

1. M2P on its "legs"
5. M2P on its back.

This just saved me a lot of frustration. The calibration failed 3 times over the past week because I didn't see that the little picture had changed!

Two year old thread, but this is available as with many others straight from DJI. Search button on the all powerful YouTube is a lifesaver at times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11