DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 1 Onboard waypoints?

UFO666

Reactions
Hello there! Please forgive me if it has been already discussed. I am a proud owner of a new Mavic Mini 1 (it's just amazing) and I recently heard about Litchi app (amazing x2). I am wondering, Mavic mini 1 supports onboard waypoint missions? I can see in the app that the waypoint missions are possible but I can't find out how it performs, if it uses virtual sticks or is saving the data on SD card. What I'm so interest in: In the very likely event of a lost connection with the remote controller, will the mission continue or will RTH trigger? Thank you very much! Fly safe!

My understanding is Litchi controls the mission. Loss of communications means the Mini 1 will RTH.
I thought so... I will run some tests when this crazy wind is over. I will post here my findings. Thank you for replying...

The last onboard waypoints I believe was the Mavic 2 Pro/zoom. Anything running the Fly app will be virtual sticks.

My Phantom 3 Standard has onboard waypoints and with Litchi it just finishes its mission on loss of communications.
With my Mini 1, I flew one Litchi mission. It lost communications (I think it was intermittent) and ended up just hovering I think when I pressed RTH. I long pressed RTH and it did return. Been a little gun-shy of trying again. I am using the Phantom for missions.

Reactions: UFO666
Hello posterity! Just an update to leave here as heritage, Mavic Mini 1 does NOT support onboard missions. On signal lost, it can just either Land, Hover or RTH. Thanks everyone for answering!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929