DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 2k icon

Elevated Clipz

Reactions
Hello I have a question. I’m new to drones I have a mavic mini and I haven’t purchased a sd card yet and I have a iPhone 8 Plus. I downloaded the dji app. I’ve noticed that other screen shots have the 2k icon for pics and also the hidden features but they don’t appear on my screen. How do I get this option is it because I don’t have the capabilities because phone can‘t process the pixels or resolution?
please help

A cache image of the video or photo is saved to the phone, the original high resolution movie or photo is saved to the SD card in the dorne.
To get the high resolution version onto the phone (takes up a lot of room), you need to go to the album from the entry page of DJI Fly, then select and open the cache photo/video, you should see a download icon in the bottom left. This will transfer the high res file from the drone to the phone.

I'm not sure , but I suspect without a SD card the MM is not recording the high res versions only the smaller cached versions to the phone.

Without an SD card in the drone you can only record low res video/stills. The low res files are like "screen captures" of the live video feed from the drone. To get the 12mp stills and 2.7k video you will need an SD card. It needs to meet the minimum spec quoted in the manual (U3) otherwise there's a risk that the video recording at full res will not work reliably.

Without an SD card in the drone you can only record low res video/stills. The low res files are like "screen captures" of the live video feed from the drone. To get the 12mp stills and 2.7k video you will need an SD card. It needs to meet the minimum spec quoted in the manual (U3) otherwise there's a risk that the video recording at full res will not work reliably.

Thank you for the response will get one soon

Reactions: scro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ