DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Chip overheating when in simulator mode?

Harry_B

Reactions
Hello folks. I'm a new owner of a Mavic Mini. I've been exploring the simulator mode which I find really useful for practicing some of the more advanced photographic techniques before going 'live'; however, after about 5 minutes on the simulator the chip overheat warning comes on and the simulator stops functioning. In normal flight the Mini does not experience this problem. Has anybody in the forum had a similar experience and if so, have you found a solution? Thanks.

Never used it sorry.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is Mavic Mini "simulator mode" and how might it make the Mini chip overheat?

@Harry_B does what you are doing need the drone turned on ,if so raise it up using some small blocks of wood under the front legs and rear of the body so air can travel through the drone and out the bottom vents and have a small desk fan blowing over it this should keep it cool enough to prevent the chip overheating

welcome to the forum

That's right happened to me the first time I turned mine on and was checked out all the ins and outs of the controller, after about 10 minutes it overheated .Did a lot of reading to find out there's no fan built in like the bigger ones thought I bought a lemon but to get it down to 249 grams they had to cut out a lot

There's a few features missing in the Mini 2 software and hardware wise - but overall it's an unbeatable combination with the best control link in the industry, all packed in a light-weight FAA free package.

Mike

Reactions: anotherlab
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world. Ideas posted about will help. Raised and with a fan.

Hello folks. I'm a new owner of a Mavic Mini. I've been exploring the simulator mode which I find really useful for practicing some of the more advanced photographic techniques before going 'live'; however, after about 5 minutes on the simulator the chip overheat warning comes on and the simulator stops functioning. In normal flight the Mini does not experience this problem. Has anybody in the forum had a similar experience and if so, have you found a solution? Thanks.
The Mavic Mini’s do not have internal Cooling Fans like the Mavic Pro’s! I put mine in front of a small Fan to simulate the Air Flow like I was really flying to cool off the CPU’s!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d