DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini frequent disconnects from controller

srwyss

Reactions
I have had a Mavic Mini now for 15 months and it performed to expectations for the first 13 months, albeit with a few pauses in operation when used in Wifi dirty environments. It has been a great second drone, small enough to travel with me during overseas skiing trips. I have been extremely happy with the operation and quality of the video and images. Howvere over the last 2 months I have experienced mutiple disconnections. For example in a 4 min 18 sec flight lost connection 8 times. Each time connection is lost the drone reverses approx 2 m on an arc and drops about 300mm and then hovers with no response to control sticks, this last for about 15 seconds then control is regained. initially almost ran backwards into a tree, so limited my trial to wide open spaces. The drone automatically stops recording each time this happens

Over the past month I have tried the following

1. turned off wifi and bluetooth on phone
2. used DJI FLY app, Litchi app and Dronelink app
2. flown with controller only no phone
3. relinked the controller and drone from the controller and drone buttons
4. reflashed v01.00.0300 - previous version into drone and controller
5. reflashed v01.00.0400 - latest version of firmware
6. changed the tranmission from auto to manual and tried 3 different channels in manual, all with no indication of interference
7. Gone to a remote area with no wifi or phone reception to confirm that external interference was not the cause

The disconnection issue remained in all these scenarios

here is a notofication log from airlink on a recent trial flight, this issue occurs with the drone very close to the controller

1618494372215.png

I get the feeling the drone may be changing transmission channels during flight and this causes what I see.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Steve

I'm fairly new to this but when I first got my drone the cable was bad and it was connecting/disconnecting periodically. Tried all kinds of stuff then replaced the cable... issue hasn't returned. Don't think that is your issue looking at the flight characteristics but I'll throw it out as an experience sort of like this I had.

hi i had same problem with my Mavic Mini. Mine is still under warranty and is send to DJI and they found it was cause by Core Board Module (FCC) was malfunctioned. They have replaced that for free and it looks like its fixed the issue !! i tested in the home but need to test outside.

Yes, MM doesn't change channel during flight, the best channel is selected at power on when set to AUTO on the app. Good signal quality on the ground doesn't necessarily mean good signal in the sky, then it could still be disrupted by freq. modulation. A channel is regarded green as long as it isn't carrying information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0