DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Gimbal problem

Soundaddicts

Reactions
Hy guys, i have a problem with my Mavic Mini, and the problem is that gimbal throws out error "gimbal stuck", and sometimes "gimbal motor overload" (40002).

It's weird that video transmision while flyng works great, i can take photo or video during flight, no errors or problems (except shaky video beacuse gimbal its stuck). The drone flys with no problem, everthing fine.

When the drone starts, the gimbal does its test, however i noticed that the upper engine in gimbal arm module does not work, so the gimbal NOT moves from left to right, as it should.

I tried to blow out with air, and clean with electronic conntact cleaner liquid, and didnt help. I think that upper gimbal motor its broken, since not moving when gimbal its turned on.

When gimbal its powered off, everything moves freely, no resistance or similar thing.

Whether someone had a similar problem, and how to solve it? Nice regards, Edvin

When you activate the drone make sure the gimbal can move And the rotors are not jammed from grass

When you activate the drone make sure the gimbal can move And the rotors are not jammed from grass

As far as I was able to notice that when starting the drone, the gimbal makes movements - the camera goes up and down, also the camera tilts left to right, but the upper engine does not move, so the gimbal not moves from left to right when starting and I guess the problem is in that engine . The engine itself rotates normally when the is off - if I move it by hand freely, so I'm not sure if there's anything inside, or a malfunction on the engine itself or the board that controls it..

I assume by "engine" you mean the gimbal motors. The upper one controls left-right (yaw) and you say it does go left-right during initialization so I'm confused. The back motor controls horizon tilt (roll).
The motor on the fork holding the camera controls up-down tilt (pitch).

Be sure there's no obstruction preventing full movement in any of the 3 directions. Something could be blocking the far end of the travel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78