DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini MissionPlanner and Geotag of photos

Cyuku

Reactions
Hello! i want to buy a mavic mini to have it in the fleet but i`m very interested if the drone can be flown with a missionplanner software and if the photos can be geotagged. It is a very compact drone and i am interested if i can use it for surveing like i use other models.
Thanks

Hello! i want to buy a mavic mini to have it in the fleet but i`m very interested if the drone can be flown with a missionplanner software and if the photos can be geotagged. It is a very compact drone and i am interested if i can use it for surveing like i use other models.
So far there is no SDK for the Mini so none of the mapping apps support it.
The low speed of the mini means it's not very capable in windy situations either.

So far there is no SDK for the Mini so none of the mapping apps support it.
The low speed of the mini means it's not very capable in windy situations either.
thanks for the reply. for windy situations i use the "big guns" i was wandering if i can make it usefull for very small projects because is ultra portable. also i`m still wondering if the photos can be geotagged.

I have a mini and all photos it's taken are geo tagged by default. I don't think there's a way to switch it off. They also have a lot of other info in the meta tags (eg altitude, drone inclination, gimbal position and more)

Edit: it'll not geotag if it doesn't have a gps fix, which is to be expected.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada