DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini propeller replacement

goldykumar

Reactions
Hi all,

New to this forum. Got a MM flymore combo- love it. Wondering what after market propellers are recommended from ppl experiences? The objective here is to have a quieter flying experience.

it's already quiet...just what are you hoping for ? silence??

Reactions: Capt KO
OEM DJI props are not perfect but they are the best out there, so far. They're also very quiet already, compared to other drones. You will void your warranty with aftermarket props. Good luck, stay safe.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have a friend who bought a set of aftermarket props. We fly together often and all he can do is complain about them. They flex too much, so there are arm strike problems, and they are more fragile then the oem props. It may have been that specific manufacturer but I’ve never heard any good remarks from others on after market.

Thanks guys. I read on forums how aftermarket propellers were quieter than the OEM. No issues with the DJI but a quieter flight to not annoy my nosey and pain in the neck neighbours.

Thanks guys. I read on forums how aftermarket propellers were quieter than the OEM. No issues with the DJI but a quieter flight to not annoy my nosey and pain in the neck neighbours.
I'm afraid you're in for a surprise if your neighbors are one of your worries, 'cause aftermarket props are not that much quieter, just a little bit. It's hard to fully understand the difference through your computer speakers, but the difference in real world is minimal, mostly in the way that it makes sound pitch lower, thus you perceive it "quieter". Your neighbors are still going to be able to hear it clearly, for sure. By all means, try them, you may even continue to use them regularly, but I think it's not worth the hype. Fly safe.

Reactions: goldykumar
I'm afraid you're in for a surprise if your neighbors are one of your worries, 'cause aftermarket props are not that much quieter, just a little bit. It's hard to fully understand the difference through your computer speakers, but the difference in real world is minimal, mostly in the way that it makes sound pitch lower, thus you perceive it "quieter". Your neighbors are still going to be able to hear it clearly, for sure. By all means, try them, you may even continue to use them regularly, but I think it's not worth the hype. Fly safe.
Thank you, pity the winds are strong in our area ATM surprisingly always on the weekend. Never on the weekday. I am still working amidst this covid-19 pandemic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu