DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini rear leg bent upward after crash - how to repair?

Emanáku

Reactions
It was a pilot errror, no question.
The Mini got stuck in a tree at 70 feet height. During the afternoon winds it fell down. We had prepared a soft landing, but it lost the microSD card while bumping during the fall (didn't see it falling). Also the left rear leg is bent upwards (not sure if that happened during the crash or the fall). And it does not move. I do not want to use too much force, in case there is a locking mechanism inside, which could break.
I live in Peru in a rural area. Support is hard to get. I prefer to repair it myself if possible.
I assume that I have to remove the two screws at the leg, where the rotating hinge is. After that, I think, I can remove the leg and somehow adjust the inner mechanism.
The first screw was no problem. The other one is basically inaccessible (see red circle in photo - because of the angle, the screw head points "inward" to the body). I tried different screwdrivers, even a 1/2 inch long Philips tip (held by pliers): No success.
My questions:
1) Am I right to think I have to remove the leg? Or does somebody know a secrect movement or "trick" how to get the leg in its right position?
2) How can I remove this screw?
Thank you for all hints!

Attachments

• 20201119-1001-IMG_4277.jpg
    20201119-1001-IMG_4277.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20201119-1002-IMG_4278.jpg
    20201119-1002-IMG_4278.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20201119-1003-IMG_4279.jpg
    20201119-1003-IMG_4279.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Looks like damage to the upper body. Could also be the bottom body, depending what's preventing them from holding together under the tension of the arm.

After fiddling around to remove the upper shell I realized, there was nothing holding the leg up besides the pressure to the upper shell and with some careful pressing and holding back the upper shell the leg is now in its rightful position and moves easily into the close position, too. Hurray!
But the black ring between the leg an the body is broken with the effect that the leg wiggles when it is in flight position. Will glue it :)
Thank you!

Reactions: Eshizz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf