DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini SD Card - file not supported on my laptop

Mavic John

Reactions
Hello Everyone. I made my first video today of 9 mins length and 700 Mb. It's uploading from my phone to Google Photos but I thought if I take the SD card directly into my laptop it would upload quicker. I tried various media players including VLC but it just says file format not supported. Is this protected by DJI since the file name is DJI? any workaround or do I need to be patient whilst my phone uploads this 700 Mb file? I see videos on You Tube 30 mins long, do they upload overnight! :D Thanks for helping a Newbie.I appreciate you have better things to do on a Friday Night!

Hello Everyone. I made my first video today of 9 mins length and 700 Mb. It's uploading from my phone to Google Photos but I thought if I take the SD card directly into my laptop it would upload quicker. I tried various media players including VLC but it just says file format not supported. Is this protected by DJI since the file name is DJI? any workaround or do I need to be patient whilst my phone uploads this 700 Mb file? I see videos on You Tube 30 mins long, do they upload overnight! :D Thanks for helping a Newbie.I appreciate you have better things to do on a Friday Night!

Usual cause is a corrupted file, if the phone was uploading it and you pulled the card it may have corrupted it.

Try putting the file back into the quad, power it up and record a video of length 30 seconds, then power down and remove the SD card and try again.

You can play the file through the DJI app, if that doesnt play it then it is corrupted.

There are methods to fix corrupted files, but I never got any to work

If the video recording was not stopped before powering off the AC, then the video file is not finalized. As mentioned, putting the card back in the AC and powering up the AC can correct for this, but if other activity was done with the AC since the incident without that card in the AC, then the AC may lose track of where the video left off and can't self correct.

Not to fret though, the file still may contain the raw video data. With a couple tools, the video file can be repaired. Just last month I made this screw-up on my M2Z, even accidentally deleted the file, but was able to recover the file deletion, then repair the video file.
Do a Google Search on repairing DJI video files. Note that despite the article saying VLC can play the repaired video file before making it an MP4, VLC stuttered in the playback. Once I did the second step to make it an MP4, then Windows Movie and TV was able to smoothly play it.

In this situatuion It's difficult to say as most of the time the damage or corrupt is already done to your dron'e video file. But the good part is you can always fix the corrupt video's with the help of DJI Phantom video file repair software. Read to know more:

Stellar is expensive for repairing a 9 mins file!
BTW, it looks like you promote Stellar in EVERY single post you've made on this forum :)

Also, there are free options to try first:

1. Re-insert the SD card with the corrupted file into your drone and then record a random video of a few seconds. This may finalize the damaged file.
2. Try to repair the file with a free tool - DJI Fix.
3. There is also another free tool - Recover_MP4. It works via the Command Prompt. (See method 2 in the article).
4. Finally, you could PM me the file, if you're fine sharing it and I can try to fix it for you.

Hey John, I suggest Stellar software because I personally used this software and it's work fine for me. Once I get another software which fix videos files, SD card corruption issue. I definitely suggest to you. Thanks!

Hey John, I suggest Stellar software because I personally used this software and it's work fine for me. Once I get another software which fix videos files, SD card corruption issue. I definitely suggest to you. Thanks!
Albert, many Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem, my SD card wasn't fast enough, it was an old one from my go pro so I updated it to one of the recomended ones from the DJI website and everything now works well. Thanks for your answer though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka