DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Settings

caxtin

Reactions
Few months back, I was really enjoying flying the Mini, especially with the Combo battery pack. With the Anchorage temp, I has to change the battery more frequently while testing the new toy. I really love this drone, and really appreciate all the convincing you all did for me to decide to raise my budget to enjoy a good enough drone.

Decided to bring it our to fly but now having some settings issues.

1. Authorization. This has been a pain for me.I watched some videos. However, what the videos have on their web page, I don't. In my profile at dji.com/fly, in some videos, they have "Custom Unlocking" and "Self Unlocking", I have none of those; or maybe I I have not gotten there yet. I was following the instructions good enough.

2. I did not know lighting would be such an issue. I thought all really depends on the GPS. With that warning, though it was at night, in front of my garage, we have a nice bright LED street light, and my garage, in side and outside, all have daylight bulbs (6500K). Things were bright enough, I think.

3. Just can't fly.

4. I am having problems unlocking my zones. Or, I may be doing thing the wrong way. Though I live about ten minutes to the airport, my home zone is within the blue zone.

5. So calibration is a must, right?

6. Just noticed it shows "Maximum Altitude set to 0ft"

7. It is set to 101.7ft in the app.

Thanks you all and hope you are staying safe enough.

Attachments

• Drone1.jpg
    Drone1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Drone2.jpg
    Drone2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 21
There may be one or more issues. Have you checked your location with the Aloft app to see if you're in a restricted area? Also you should check with DJI flysafe website map to see what they have going on in your area for geofencing. If you need ATC authorization you need to do that first which you can do in Aloft. Then you can proceed to get your drone unlocked.

The first choice to unlocking your drone is through the DJI flysafe website. You will need your controller serial to do this. It's a little confusing when you go to the map (I was confused for a time as to where to click). That should get you an unlock license that you'll see in the app when you fire up the drone and controller. If that fails, try the DJI flysafe custom unlock. If that failes, write DJI support and provide the information so they can fix the issue.

In the meantime, it isn't a bad idea to recalibrate everything. The compass will go out of calibration occasionally as will the IMU. If you have a few moments at home you should do it, if only to see how it's done so it's fast and easy if you ever have to do it out in the field before a flight.

Good luck.

...and to add, if you are a recreational pilot, you can't fly in controlled airspace at night. Only Part 107 pilots can request night authorization in controlled airspace.

...and to add, if you are a recreational pilot, you can't fly in controlled airspace at night. Only Part 107 pilots can request night authorization in controlled airspace.
I dimly remember there's some course/test you need to take to fly at night. Is that right?

Until it gets warmer here, it's entirely academic, but since I'm no longer a *complete* newb, I'm starting to give it some thought!

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I dimly remember there's some course/test you need to take to fly at night. Is that right?

Until it gets warmer here, it's entirely academic, but since I'm no longer a *complete* newb, I'm starting to give it some thought!

Thx,

TCS
Recreational pilots can fly at night, just not in controlled airspace where you need LAANC. Part 107 pilots that have had their certificate prior to the night rules being added, have to take the online recurrent training which updates you to being able to fly at night. Any Part 107 pilots that have gotten their certification after I believe April 2021, are already certified for night flights since the training was incorporated into the new test. Recreational pilots still have to abide by all of the usual rules at night however (400ft, LOS...) I'm not certain that the 3SM strobe visibility is in the rec flyers rules but it is not a bad idea to have strobes at night.

Recreational pilots can fly at night, just not in controlled airspace where you need LAANC. Part 107 pilots that have had their certificate prior to the night rules being added, have to take the online recurrent training which updates you to being able to fly at night. Any Part 107 pilots that have gotten their certification after I believe April 2021, are already certified for night flights since the training was incorporated into the new test. Recreational pilots still have to abide by all of the usual rules at night however (400ft, LOS...) I'm not certain that the 3SM strobe visibility is in the rec flyers rules but it is not a bad idea to have strobes at night.
My 107 was issued on 27 May 21, so I guess I'm good.

All of my Mini-2s have strobes.

Thx!

TCS

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky