DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini v01.00.0500 Update and Active Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakan0020

Reactions
Mavic Mini v01.00.0500 Update and Active Track super ???

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585578319932.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585578319932.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 641
Reactions: Capt KO
Google will not know about this as it is MM firmware, not an app

It`s called Dreamware - RAW and 4K will be added by April 1st too ......................

Reactions: mullern88
? very good! It should be compliant with the new extended battery that give 53 minutes of flight time.

Your firmware is a bit late : I am already running v01.00.0650, featuring:
- under water mode
- 3d footage
- Dolby stereo recording
- power loop and flip manoeuvres
- follow me mode
- obstacle avoidance
- voice and gesture guidance
- beta waypoint mode (limited to 64 points)

Your firmware is a bit late : I am already running v01.00.0650, featuring:
- under water mode
- 3d footage
- Dolby stereo recording
- power loop and flip manoeuvres
- follow me mode
- obstacle avoidance
- voice and gesture guidance
- beta waypoint mode (limited to 64 points)
And it adds a monitor for front arm flexing ?

Reactions: Photo Joe
As I read all these new function. It will be the most selling model ever? but now, seriously- is there any possibilities to get follow me function in future?

The firmware is already capable of doing active track. It uses it for the quick shots. We’ve been waiting for an app update to do exactly this. Hopefully will get the FCC version very soon. I don’t think it’s hype, just early.

As I read all these new function. It will be the most selling model ever? but now, seriously- is there any possibilities to get follow me function in future?
Hopefully, that's something that third-party apps like Litchi will be able to do, even if it's not supported in DJI Fly.

Hopefully, that's something that third-party apps like Litchi will be able to do, even if it's not supported in DJI Fly.
I don’t believe that DJI will open Fly to litchi. The mini is just not capable of handling that type of flight. It doesn’t have the stamina or the flight characteristics of its larger cousins. It can’t be left alone, it needs a babysitter. ?

Sure would like the AC gps #’s on screen, like litchi. I don’t know why DJI has such an aversion to that. Important to me.

Reactions: Garcino
I don’t believe that DJI will open Fly to litchi. The mini is just not capable of handling that type of flight. It doesn’t have the stamina or the flight characteristics of its larger cousins. It can’t be left alone, it needs a babysitter. ?

Sure would like the AC gps #’s on screen, like litchi. I don’t know why DJI has such an aversion to that. Important to me.
At least one DJI tech has said that Mini will be supported in the SDK to be released in April. Why do you think it won't be? I can tell you that if it isn't, I'll be selling my Mini and replacing it with a drone that isn't deliberately crippled. I don't personally care about active tracking, but it's absurd that DJI left out basic stuff like waypoint missions and course lock (or better, tap-to-fly). If the Mini is supposed to be any sort of camera drone -- beginner or otherwise -- these are basic features that make it very easy to get well-planned and smoothly executed shots (a.k.a. "cinematic").

Last edited:
Reactions: x-uas and Capt KO
At least one DJI tech has said that Mini will be supported in the SDK to be released in April. Why do you think it won't be? I can tell you that if it isn't, I'll be selling my Mini and replacing it with a drone that isn't deliberately crippled. I don't personally care about active tracking, but it's absurd that DJI left out basic stuff like waypoint missions and course lock.
Agree! Hoping it will be, All except missions. IMO DJI won’t allow it on the mini and that’s the premise of Litchi. DJI needs improvement on Fly itself. Without 3rd party help. Hoping for more and better in the upcoming updates.

At least one DJI tech has said that Mini will be supported in the SDK to be released in April.
Don't believe what's a mod over there is saying.

Why do you think it won't be?
DJI released a Mobile SDK update on Mar. 20, 2020 - No Mavic Mini support.
With DJI's update release schedule about a half a year or so, don't expect another SDK update before August / September 2020.

In addition, a user at DJI forum claimed to have received an e-mail from DJI developer department:
--- snip ---
Thank you for directly reaching out to DJI Developer Support with this question.
The April date, was never a target date but unfortunately, someone was mistaken when
they said it was in the forum you linked me too.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but what I can tell you is that the SDK team
has targeted mid-year for SDK support of the Mini.
Dates are kept "loose" for a reason, that's because things can be fluid and are due to change...
for example, if our team need to refocus on big bugs or what no one could have predicted,
the outbreak of the covid 19 virus.

--- snip ---

The firmware is already capable of doing active track. It uses it for the quick shots. We’ve been waiting for an app update to do exactly this. Hopefully will get the FCC version very soon. I don’t think it’s hype, just early.
I wouldn't call that active track, especially if the adjustment to POI centering is app based. The POI centering is quite limited.

However if it is hardware/firmware based, then it has potential for true active track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman