DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini video in a dark environment

rafare

Reactions
Hey guys, I've had my MM since january and I've done more than 100 flights. Not much of them in the night. Today I was going to take a few photos of the sun set and noticed that when I turned the shooting mode to video it would go completely dark. I understand the MM sensor is far from the best for night shots, but I don't recall it being completely unusable. It is almost pitch black, and the modifying the EV does next to nothing. Is this normal?

The area around the car was not that dark, there is a light post just off the left.

1592089635312.png

Last edited:
Just can't still understand whats happening, changing the EV does almost nothing.

Perhaps the intensity of the car headlights is confusing the auto exposure? Try tapping on the video feed somewhere other than close to the headlights so that it exposes for that instead. Or, try manual exposure or locking exposure before recording (padlock next to EV adjust).

Very bright lights often confuse auto exposure algorithms in darker scenes.

Perhaps the intensity of the car headlights is confusing the auto exposure? Try tapping on the video feed somewhere other than close to the headlights so that it exposes for that instead. Or, try manual exposure or locking exposure before recording (padlock next to EV adjust).

Very bright lights often confuse auto exposure algorithms in darker scenes.

Yes I tried, I think the main problem is the EV seems to be doing nothing. Even in a very lit room you can see the video is much much darker. Tried lowering the fps so I got a longer exposure and that helped, but not much.

On manual exposure for video you should be able to set it so that it is very over-exposed (ie nearly white video) through to very under exposed (dark video). Remember changing ISO will also affect how bright the end result is in manual, and the EV control doesn't do anything in manual mode - it is driven by the ISO/Shutter settings you choose.

Do you have any filters on the camera?

Espero que consegue resolver isso. Videos sendo muito mais escuros que as fotos nao e normal.

On manual exposure for video you should be able to set it so that it is very over-exposed (ie nearly white video) through to very under exposed (dark video). Remember changing ISO will also affect how bright the end result is in manual, and the EV control doesn't do anything in manual mode - it is driven by the ISO/Shutter settings you choose.

Do you have any filters on the camera?

Espero que consegue resolver isso. Videos sendo muito mais escuros que as fotos nao e normal.

Same thing, I’ve played with shutter and iso and the image was always underexposed, Im thinking in downgrading it to v400 and see if anything changes.

I said about EV because I’m used to record over exposed but now theres almost no difference between 0 and +3.

About the filter, no, Im flying it 100% stock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots