DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini video quality question

Danmickread

Reactions
Hi,
I'm a complete newbie to drones and photography and have just purchased a mavic mini to get into the hobby. I have a fairly good technical knowledge and have been googling and watching YouTube videos for the last couple of weeks looking for answers to lots of questions but sometimes you just need to speak to someone so hopefully you guys can help me out.

Now I've been doing lots of general flying around to start with and recording in various resolutions and frame rates to compare when viewing back on pc monitor and TV. Pc monitor is 2k and TV is 4k.

I've been running the camera in manual mode with nd filter so I am able to select a shutter speed of twice the frame as I believe this is supposed to give the best visual experience with some motion blur to soften the video.

Now when I'm filming in 2.7k at 30 fps shutter speed 1/60 and iso 100 I'm still finding that the video is looking too blury and horrible to watch even when moving the drone at a fairly slow speed. How can this be improved without increasing frame rate as the mini doesn't go higher than 30fps at 2.7k?

1080p 60fps obviously looks clearer and smoother for faster movement but at the price of lower resolution.

Is it just a toss up between 2.7k 30fps but not as smooth and clear or 1080p 60fps but smoother and clearer. Am I expecting too much from the video quality when moving anything more than just touching the sticks?

Another thing I'm finding when playing these raw untouched files back on my Pc sometimes they play smooth and sometimes are choppy, is this a pc issue? Its an if 3.7ghz with 16gig ram, ssd and nvidea graphics card. I've looked at cpu usage when playing and not hardly touched.

Also when viewing the untouched 2.7k files on my 4k TV through USB drive the image pixilates in areas as if its been heavily compressed and full of artifacts but it hasn't. Any ideas?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dan

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3