DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - video recorded in the SD card is not payable on a computer

singerg

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I made two videos, just minutes apart from each other. The first video plays fine on my computer. It will play using VLC, Omniplayer and Quicktime (this is a iMac)
The second video will not play on any, and software identifying video type shows nothing.
However, both videos play on the cellphone while connected to the RC and the drone. The SD card was formatted properly on the drone.
?????

More information:
Using the option "Save to Album" in DJI FLY did transferred to a location in the phone. Then I was able to fetch it from the phone to the computer, and it played fine. So the recording to the SD failed, but the video was OK in the phone...
Still puzzled.

Last edited:
I made two videos, just minutes apart from each other. The first video plays fine on my computer. It will play using VLC, Omniplayer and Quicktime (this is a iMac)
The second video will not play on any, and software identifying video type shows nothing.
However, both videos play on the cellphone while connected to the RC and the drone. The SD card was formatted properly on the drone.
?????

More information:
Using the option "Save to Album" in DJI FLY did transferred to a location in the phone. Then I was able to fetch it from the phone to the computer, and it played fine. So the recording to the SD failed, but the video was OK in the phone...
Still puzzled.
It is normal if you fail to stop the recording before switching off power to the Drone. Before powering down the drone, check the app to see if you are recording, if recording end the recording then you can safely power down the drone

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Some have had success putting the card back in the drone, starting everything back up, start and stop taking a video, then shut everything down.
As long as you haven't done any other recording on the card or formatting since not properly closing the file. Although if you put it back in the same drone, it should finish it up and close the file properly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54