DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini's new safety features in latest firmware

kloogee

Reactions
A lot has been discussed about the Mini's latest firmware update in relation to being able to unlock blue authorization zones. However, not much has been discussed about the 2 new safety features they added that I think are very important to help new users from crashing or losing their drones.
  • Added feature that disables takeoff when the GPS signal is weak (GPS <8) and the environment light is not sufficient. This feature can be disabled manually (requires DJI Fly v1.0.4 or later).
  • Added requirement for compass calibration before takeoff when the environment light is not sufficient and the compass experiences interference.
Do you think these new safety features will be ported to DJI Go 4 and other DJI drones in the near future?

I discuss these in some depth in the following video:

Reactions: tinker and amadeo
as i said in another thread the update requirements in the latest firmware, are an attempt to prevent so many drone losses that are happening at the moment ,with the new MM,
hopefully as new users get more savvy with the things they need to be aware of before taking off,these events will become less and less,it remains to be seen if these measures are adopted by the go4 app more likely is that the fly app will become the norm for all future drones

as i said in another thread the update requirements in the latest firmware, are an attempt to prevent so many drone losses that are happening at the moment ,with the new MM,
hopefully as new users get more savvy with the things they need to be aware of before taking off,these events will become less and less,it remains to be seen if these measures are adopted by the go4 app more likely is that the fly app will become the norm for all future drones

Yes, that is exactly what they are doing with these new updates. Hopefully there will always be new users even once the current ones increase their knowledge. So regardless, I see this as a positive move for all the future newbies coming to the hobby. We were all there at one point, even though most of us prefer to think of ourselves as being born experts. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+