DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Platinum Video Distortion

Old Man Grizz

Reactions
Howdy Folks!
And Happy Holiday Season!!
I’ve had my Platinum for well over a year, and really enjoy it. Unfortunately, lately the recorded video appears as if it has ripples, like looking through water. There was no wind, beautiful day, just playing.
I used several Intelligent Modes.
I’ve never had this occur.
My Spark worked perfectly
Thanks for ALL the support over the years!! I really do appreciate it!

Reactions: old man mavic
Howdy Folks!
And Happy Holiday Season!!
I’ve had my Platinum for well over a year, and really enjoy it. Unfortunately, lately the recorded video appears as if it has ripples, like looking through water. There was no wind, beautiful day, just playing.
I used several Intelligent Modes.
I’ve never had this occur.
My Spark worked perfectly
Thanks for ALL the support over the years!! I really do appreciate it!
Check that your gimbal suspension mount is under the tab in the rear, and all the rubber mounts on the four corners are functional.
7F0D6EA3-548E-48E6-A078-8ABCEAFC5C99.jpeg

Reactions: old man mavic
Just to clarify ... You are seeing these 'ripples' ONLY on the video recorded to the SD card - correct?
The video that you are seeing on your Go4 app' connected to the controller is stable during the flight (i.e. no ripples in Go4 video) - yes??

If the above is correct - I'd suggest just trying a different SD card to see if that was where the fault was?

Just to clarify ... You are seeing these 'ripples' ONLY on the video recorded to the SD card - correct?
The video that you are seeing on your Go4 app' connected to the controller is stable during the flight (i.e. no ripples in Go4 video) - yes??

If the above is correct - I'd suggest just trying a different SD card to see if that was where the fault was?
Thanks very much for the help!
Just checked camera mount and all is well
I will definitely try a different SD Card next time I get out to fly.... Michigan Weather has changed again so it may be a little bit before I get out!
I honestly don’t remember if my screen image is rippley too, but I will definitely check it out....
Thanks Folks,
Have a Safe New Year!!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Howdy again Folks!
Update on distortion on video.
I checked out the Camera Mounts. All looked good and in the proper position.
I bought a pair of faster SD Cards, one for this Platinum, one for my M2 Zoom.
Got out to practice a bit yesterday, no wind. The Platinum was rippling on my tablet as it flew, and on the SD Card when I downloaded it. Flew the M2 Zoom and that was Perfect.....
The video is not totally distorted, it looks ok, then wiggles, then ok, then wiggles...
Maybe I will contact DJI on Monday....
It’s past warranty and refresh, but I’d really like it good again!
Thanks for your time,
Fly Safely!!!
Old Man Grizz

Howdy again Folks!
Update on distortion on video.
I checked out the Camera Mounts. All looked good and in the proper position.
I bought a pair of faster SD Cards, one for this Platinum, one for my M2 Zoom.
Got out to practice a bit yesterday, no wind. The Platinum was rippling on my tablet as it flew, and on the SD Card when I downloaded it. Flew the M2 Zoom and that was Perfect.....
The video is not totally distorted, it looks ok, then wiggles, then ok, then wiggles...
Maybe I will contact DJI on Monday....
It’s past warranty and refresh, but I’d really like it good again!
Thanks for your time,
Fly Safely!!!
Old Man Grizz
What is your playback device? Have you tried playback on a different one?

Howdy! And Thanks for your ideas!
I use the same Samsung Galaxy Tablet on all 5 of my drones when I fly. It’s worked nicely on all of them for the past year or so. When I remove the SD Card, I use a Dell Laptop. The Platinum is the only one having issues.
At the end of fall, I took some videos at a Dirt Car Racetrack. They came out great, but I’m wondering if I may have gotten a bit of dirt or something in the camera mechanism. It looks clean, but I don’t know....
Thanks again for your help!!!

The Platinum was rippling on my tablet as it flew, and on the SD Card when I downloaded it.
Ah Haaaaa ... That's why I asked if the video was rippling on the recorded video, as well as the Go4 view during the flight!
The fact that you are getting distortion on both, may mean that it's an indication of a physical 'gimbal shake'.
Bring the Mavic PP to a hover just above your head, and have a close look at the gimbal. If you have 'gimbal shake' you'll see it as an obvious vibration in the camera assembly.
Another symptom I'm wondering if you notice is that the 'ripples' in the video footage may be more apparent when the Mavic is hovering and may disappear when it transitions to forward flight (or off in any direction usually).
Let me know if you see either or both of those symptoms, and then I can suggest a fix if that's the case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS