DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 3

bkushner

Reactions
I'm convinced this isn't coming anytime soon.. Another mini coming, that will be 3 mini's since the Pro 2 and 2 air 2's since the last Pro 2....No Phantom no Mavic Pro..

Reactions: Thanohano44
I'm convinced this isn't coming anytime soon.. Another mini coming, that will be 3 mini's since the Pro 2 and 2 air 2's since the last Pro 2....No Phantom no Mavic Pro..
Everybody has an opinion that is yours I tend to differ . JMO

Just been here to long. It’s coming as I said it was JMO as was yours.
Indeed. The only question is how it will differentiate itself from all the existing offerings, which keep getting better and better! Fall of 2021 seems to be the most likely time for release, based upon current leaks. Stay tuned!

Indeed. The only question is how it will differentiate itself from all the existing offerings, which keep getting better and better! Fall of 2021 seems to be the most likely time for release, based upon current leaks. Stay tuned!

That's my take also. I don't read *too* much into them, but the leaks do seem to consistently show early mockups (different prototypes?) of a Mavic-style body and components rather than assembled drones, so that implies it's still a work in progress to me, which in turn implies a few more months R&D, then a couple more to manufacture and distribute initial stocks. Then you've got the rumour that Mavic 2 production has ceased, which I'd take as meaning existing stocks should be able to cover demand until the new model ships. Between its age and lockdown restrictions, I can't imagine Mavic 2 sales are huge right now (and will drop further if - and more likely "when" - leaks and rumours pick up), so again I can easily see enough stock of existing models to cover that period sitting around within the distribution/supply chain.

As to timing, you've got to hope that between vaccinations and current restrictions aimed at limiting its spread Covid will be back under control to the point that a lot of travel restrictions will either have already been relaxed, or at the very least enough travel corridors will be open, by Autumn. That's going to mean a lot more people thinking seriously about travel again, and most of those are going to want to have a record of their trip, so again - opportunities for sales volume.

For me, that means getting the Mavic 3 launched and on sale in time for Christmas makes a *lot* of sense; it's a prime opportunity for shifting extra volume of a luxury item like this, while more serious users like ourselves tend to be... a little less frugal with our cash, shall we say? ;) Obviously, if DJI can hit the Black Friday / Cyber Monday type sales as well, then so much the better, so my guess is that they're aiming for September/October since it will enable reviewers (pro or otherwise) will to have plenty of opportunties to get some nice footage (expect lots of golden foliage!), but gives them a little slack if they hit any snags but still let them get it into people's hands for Christmas.

DJI needs a drone to replace the M2P.The Air2S is somewhat comparable and will eat into future sales of the M2P.Whether it be a new/larger sensor-hard to keep drone size down with micro 4/3,interchangeable lenses,better OA,or better video the market is ready for a replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore