DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro black camera

Piripuz

Reactions
Hello,
I have a mavic pro and the camera feed is totally black. The gimbal is working properly, but I see only a black image (as you can see on the screenshot I am attaching).
The drone firmware is the second-last, but when I try to update it fails and gives me error 0x020404, which seems related to a gimbal problem.
Hence I think this is an hardware problem: I disassembled the gimbal module and inspected the two cables (the silver one and the flat one) finding no visible problems.
Searching a bit on the internet I found that since the gimbal is working mabye the silver cable is broken, but I'm not sure about this (may this be a board problem?).
Is there someone who knows what can I try to replace?
Thanks in advance
photo6006106963244595154.jpg

What is the reason for the ISO at “800”?
You might try setting that to “100”.

Reactions: Flycaster
I tried doing that, it didn't solve the issue: the iso in the screenshot is set to a high value to check if the image is black or just dark, and it is black.
I think this is an hardware problem, I reset everything a few times and nothing changed.
Thanks for the fast answer anyway!

I tried doing that, it didn't solve the issue: the iso in the screenshot is set to a high value to check if the image is black or just dark, and it is black.
I think this is an hardware problem, I reset everything a few times and nothing changed.
Thanks for the fast answer anyway!
I,m having the same issue new core board after crash body ect ect what did you figure out everything comes up go fly but black camera

I,m having the same issue new core board after crash body ect ect what did you figure out everything comes up go fly but black camera
I actually didn't figure out anything. I was thinking about changing the silver cable (who should transfer video data and doesn't cost a lot on aliexpress), but I'm not really sure about it. Let me know if you figure something out, I will!

I actually didn't figure out anything. I was thinking about changing the silver cable (who should transfer video data and doesn't cost a lot on aliexpress), but I'm not really sure about it. Let me know if you figure something out, I will!
i replaced the ribbon cable but not the video transmission cable hasn,t got here yet but we:ll see

i replaced the ribbon cable but not the video transmission cable hasn,t got here yet but we:ll see
That's the exact problem. The video cable. They sell them on Amazon and ebay

That's the PTZ cable (pan tilt zoom), but if something is wrong with the CCD lens part it can also go black as I have found.

Same issue! however everything else is working fine, gimbal moves and everything.

i replaced the camera and the ribbon cable (x3) thinking it was a faulty cable. no such luck

I am thinking about replacing the video/ gimbal/ sensor board.

Same issue! however everything else is working fine, gimbal moves and everything.

i replaced the camera and the ribbon cable (x3) thinking it was a faulty cable. no such luck

have you replaced transmission cable pzl thats the culprit on the mavic pro

You probably don't need to replace anything.
The OP's problem was his exposure setting.
In the camera data in his screenshot you can see MM -2.0

If you can post a screenshot from yours, or a full-size original jpg from the camera, I'll confirm if that's the issue.

I replaced that board and that fixed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143