DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Camera Stuck Looking Right

mavicpro66

Reactions
wasn't sure where to post this so posting it here. I recently replaced my gimbal flex cable after buying a mint Mavic Pro off of ebay with a broken gimbal flex cable and the ever so famous Gimbal Motor Load Too Large message. I am pretty handy as I'm an electronics technician by trade. The repair went beautifully. After replacing the flex cable I powered it up, it came up nicely, flew it several times, no issues whatsoever. Gimbal Motor Load Too Large message gone. Each time I powered it up it came up no problem with the camera looking straight ahead. So I decided to calibrate the IMU. I mistakenly left the gimbal guards on by mistake so I started over. Now when I bring it up the camera is stuck looking to the right every time. I do not get the Gimbal Motor Load Too Large message anymore, but the camera ends up stuck looking to the right every time. I can straighten it and carry on, but now it comes up looking to the right every time. Any ideas? I'm hesitant to tear it all down again because I know every time you tear it down you risk making connections looser and damaging things, but if I have to so be it. I also added hot glue to some places to keep things in place. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Paul aka mavicpro66

Attachments

• IMG-3844.jpg
    IMG-3844.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Have you tried the gamble settings in the app, recenter gimble?
No, I've tried IMU calibration and gimbal calibration, but not that setting specifically. I will give that a try. I was a little worried that maybe I over rotated different arms or parts of the gimbal when I had it apart. When you have it apart trying to figure out how to replace the ribbon cable it's just kind of flopping around all over the place. Is it possible to over rotate the gimbal parts or is there something that prevents that? Anyway, I will give your suggestion a try.

Thanks!
Paul

wasn't sure where to post this so posting it here. I recently replaced my gimbal flex cable after buying a mint Mavic Pro off of ebay with a broken gimbal flex cable and the ever so famous Gimbal Motor Load Too Large message. I am pretty handy as I'm an electronics technician by trade. The repair went beautifully. After replacing the flex cable I powered it up, it came up nicely, flew it several times, no issues whatsoever. Gimbal Motor Load Too Large message gone. Each time I powered it up it came up no problem with the camera looking straight ahead. So I decided to calibrate the IMU. I mistakenly left the gimbal guards on by mistake so I started over. Now when I bring it up the camera is stuck looking to the right every time. I do not get the Gimbal Motor Load Too Large message anymore, but the camera ends up stuck looking to the right every time. I can straighten it and carry on, but now it comes up looking to the right every time. Any ideas? I'm hesitant to tear it all down again because I know every time you tear it down you risk making connections looser and damaging things, but if I have to so be it. I also added hot glue to some places to keep things in place. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Paul aka mavicpro66
Do you still have control over the gimbal movement with the controller? If no, then I expect a simple centring of the gimbal won’t be enough

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada