DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro cap screw removal?

Reactions
I'm having to remove the hex cover screws on my mavic pro, but one of them, which I've never had to remove previously, is rounded out in the screwhead recess. I have the correct hex key size (H1.5), and it works fine on all but this one screwhead. Has anyone had this problem and how did you remove the screw?
I was thinking of sacrificing one of the torx head tips in my precision screwdriver set and supergluing it in the recess, and then try to turn it out. Thoughts?

You may have to drill it out, not sure.

Have you tried just using a torx with no glue thats how I usually get them out. plus if you are very lucky that is the screw that has some epoxy in the bottom see if you can take an awl and clean out the stuff just may give the hex tool a little grip.
BINGO! I dug some epoxy out of the screwhead with a bent paper clip, and now it looks just like the others and has plenty of grip! Much appreciated, my friend.
I wonder why in the world DJI chose to put epoxy in the screwhead recess?

Reactions: Cafguy
BINGO! I dug some epoxy out of the screwhead with a bent paper clip, and now it looks just like the others and has plenty of grip! Much appreciated, my friend.
It's to stop owners from disassembling their own drones and also act as a cheapo warranty seal... if they get a faulty drone sent back and the little globs of goop are missing: proves that it's been mucked about with internally... result? Warranty void.

It's to stop owners from disassembling their own drones and also act as a cheapo warranty seal... if they get a faulty drone sent back and the little globs of goop are missing: proves that it's been mucked about with internally... result? Warranty void.
Mine is out of warranty, but that doesn't prevent someone from filling the hole back up after reassembly.

Note Torx screws have different drivers from Allen screws.
Get the correct driver bit, use of the wrong type of driver bit can strip the recess.
Use a magnifying glass if needed to ID the screw's type correctly.

• Wow
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Note Torx screws have different drivers from Allen screws.
Get the correct driver bit, use of the wrong type of driver bit can strip the recess.
Use a magnifying glass if needed to ID the screw's type correctly.
As I said in my original post, I had the correct H1.5 bit. After removing the epoxy from the recess in the screwhead, it fit as it should. All is well.

Put the other screws in and torque to normal setting . Apply a litte penitrating oil to stuck screw let it sit for a few hour then use a new torx to remove stuck screw first

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof