DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Controller and the Samsung Tab A 8 (SM-T380) - Does it fit?

badgenes

Reactions
If anyone has this tablet are you able to fit it into the controller or did you need to purchase a third party mount?

Thanks!

Go by the specs:

Max length 160 mm; max thickness: 6.5 - 8.5 mm​

Mostly the length.

Chris
I hear you. However I see folks stating they use Lenovo Tab 4 in the controller and it is over that 160 mm in height (so sideways its over 160). Soooo....am I referencing the wrong dimension or what?

I looked up the Tab A 8 and it's 8.2 inches high, which is over 200mm. You need it in the controller width wise (the 8.2" way) since the GO app runs in landscape mode, so it's too big.

I use an even larger 10" tablet (iPad Air) and use a 3rd party mount. It works great, especially with a hood.

It's worth it. I used the controller with my 5.5" smartphone while waiting for the tablet mount to arrive and I didn't like the smaller screen.

Chris

Reactions: badgenes
I used my old I-phone SE when I forgot to charge my iPad and these old eyes don’t like that tiny screen . My iPhone 8plus is better but still not as nice as the mini-4

Sometimes bigger is better .

At least with aging eyes lol

Reactions: badgenes
I used my old I-phone SE when I forgot to charge my iPad and these old eyes don’t like that tiny screen . My iPhone 8plus is better but still not as nice as the mini-4

Sometimes bigger is better .

At least with aging eyes lol
Yessir, my aging eyes are precisely why I need to get a tablet. I used my Galaxy s7, then s8 with my P4 and Mavic at first...but my eyesight was already deteriorating when I got the P4 and by the time the Mav was in the fold I could not clearly read my phone without cheaters. I quit flying for awhile due to that issue, among other things. Now I am looking for a cheap tablet and I suppose now a holder. Thanks ya'll!

It will not fit properly. It also lags/crash. That's from my personal experience, I have one and don't use it unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3