DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Controller Issue

UK33

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here so be gentle. Hopefully I posted this in the right section. Mavic Pro/Controller had been operating perfectly until yesterday. Last flight was Thursday evening. Typically I use an iPad to connect to the controller via the USB port And have had no issues. Friday I decided to free up some space on my SD card and transferred images/videos to an external hard drive via my laptop and clean up the SD card. I was assuming no firmware or anything would be stored on the SD card. I go to fly yesterday as usual and I can’t get the iPad to connect to the DJI app via the USB port nor can I get the controller to turn off. Did some trouble shooting and am able to connect my iPhone to the controller via the micro USB port but the controller still won’t turn off. Have tried other USB cords to the iPad but nothing. Did I somehow delete some software when cleaning up the SD card to cause this issue? Any idea if I can factory reset to fix the problem? If so, is there anyway to factory reset the controller and drone without the use of a laptop? Frustrated. Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance.

Welome to the forum.
Not sure what to tell you but I remove my sd card after every
trip flying and install in the reader to remove everything then when I start up on my next outing reformat the card from the app. Have always did that and never had your issue.
Someone should come along shortly with a solution.

So... on the controller, you press the power button once, then twice and hold. That shuts it down. Also, make sure to try a different cable from the iPad, and check the iPad port is working too.
I presume you mean the card from the drone? If so, it should be able to be changed no issues - you can put a new blank one in no problems.
Also, make sure you haven’t knocked the tiny switch on the drone from RC to WIFI near the card port.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent