DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro/Dji Goggles cellular connection

neil4374

Reactions
HI,
I have a Mavic Pro and some Dji goggles. I am thinking of changing my phone for a tablet when flying the drone.
My aim is to be able to utilise every function available on the mavic pro and the dji goggles. So after researching I found out that a cellular tablet will allow me to do all of this. As appossed to a wifi only tablet which will mean saving maps at home on wifi and a few other things won't function.
My question is: Will I benefit from the cellular tablet having a data plan(internet access) or is there no benefit?
Thanks
Neil

HI,
I have a Mavic Pro and some Dji goggles. I am thinking of changing my phone for a tablet when flying the drone.
My aim is to be able to utilise every function available on the mavic pro and the dji goggles. So after researching I found out that a cellular tablet will allow me to do all of this. As appossed to a wifi only tablet which will mean saving maps at home on wifi and a few other things won't function.
My question is: Will I benefit from the cellular tablet having a data plan(internet access) or is there no benefit?
Thanks
Neil
What benefits do u get or are u thinking that u don’t get with it now ? I’ve got both and don’t notice any difference when flying and having my phone or tablet on Wi-Fi (high speed gigabit) or cellular or for that matter non of the above. in airplane mode or with tablet and no sim or Wi-Fi it flys the same and Same distance. Or do I not know of a feature the googles offer? Id say using your phone with cellular service will get same results as a tablet with service

What benefits do u get or are u thinking that u don’t get with it now ? I’ve got both and don’t notice any difference when flying and having my phone or tablet on Wi-Fi (high speed gigabit) or cellular or for that matter non of the above. in airplane mode or with tablet and no sim or Wi-Fi it flys the same and Same distance. Or do I not know of a feature the googles offer? Id say using your phone with cellular service will get same results as a tablet with service
What would u want a tablet with more weight for if your using goggles. Only reason I even hook phone to controller when using googles is at distances further away the goggles cut out and I’ve got to take them off and go regular style

Hi, thanks for you reply. I am a beginner and still learning all the functions on both the goggles and the mavic pro. Sometimes I will fly without using the goggles and just use my phone or my eyes. my phone is small, so I am considering a tablet for the larger size. Therefore before I buy a tablet I would like to know if I am correct saying a tablet with a gps chip will allow me to use all of the mavics features. Also if I am correct a tablet with gps will not require an internet data plan?

Hi, thanks for you reply. I am a beginner and still learning all the functions on both the goggles and the mavic pro. Sometimes I will fly without using the goggles and just use my phone or my eyes. my phone is small, so I am considering a tablet for the larger size. Therefore before I buy a tablet I would like to know if I am correct saying a tablet with a gps chip will allow me to use all of the mavics features. Also if I am correct a tablet with gps will not require an internet data plan?
I’d go with what u can afford. I’ve got an iPad I use and and galaxy tab. Don’t worry about the cellular connection unless u feel you’d use it in everyday life. Id say the price jump getting a tablet with cell isn’t worth it. U can always use hotspot on cellphone to your tablet. I’ve got maps of the entire state I fly downloaded so the only benefit of having service on tablet is for me none. If and when I’m going to be in a remote no Wi-Fi area I may want to do a new litchi mission and if so I think it hard on a tablet or phone so I carry my laptop and use my iPhone as a hotspot for laptop. Your really not getting any more from cell. Gps will work fine. I do like having the large screen of the tablet when flying so for sure grab yourself one they do get heavy after awhile and draws more attention. I used cheap cheap tablets and new iPads etc. I like android for fact you can get some modded apps etc that apple don’t or won’t have. The faster the tablet processor wise the better the tracking will work on litchi but I didn’t notice much difference. Pick up an older refurbished iPad from Walmart for under $100 or android tab a8 is couple hundred I bought it used for 100

I’d go with what u can afford. I’ve got an iPad I use and and galaxy tab. Don’t worry about the cellular connection unless u feel you’d use it in everyday life. Id say the price jump getting a tablet with cell isn’t worth it. U can always use hotspot on cellphone to your tablet. I’ve got maps of the entire state I fly downloaded so the only benefit of having service on tablet is for me none. If and when I’m going to be in a remote no Wi-Fi area I may want to do a new litchi mission and if so I think it hard on a tablet or phone so I carry my laptop and use my iPhone as a hotspot for laptop. Your really not getting any more from cell. Gps will work fine. I do like having the large screen of the tablet when flying so for sure grab yourself one they do get heavy after awhile and draws more attention. I used cheap cheap tablets and new iPads etc. I like android for fact you can get some modded apps etc that apple don’t or won’t have. The faster the tablet processor wise the better the tracking will work on litchi but I didn’t notice much difference. Pick up an older refurbished iPad from Walmart for under $100 or android tab a8 is couple hundred I bought it used for 100
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain and answer my questions. I understand what your saying. When you use your phone as a hotspot does it use a lot of data?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J