DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Firmware Update Problem

Stoney B

Reactions
New drone. Go4 said firmware update is needed and when I got everything connected to the computer & tried to sign into my acct, it asked for a verification (I think) code. What is that & how come I don't have it. Thanks guys

Usually verification codes are sent by text message to a mobile number you provide. I've seen the Go app do that when asking to self-unlock an NFZ, but I could see it doing that if you're logging into your account on the app.
In the case of NFZ, you can provide a mobile number or a valid credit card number. In this case it's probably just checking that you're a live human adult.

OK, what you could also be seeing is a captcha. You've probably seen those on websites to prove you're not a bot. DJI's lingo is a bit different from us in the USA.

Last edited:
Thanks, that was it, but after I log in, I only have this circle with usb cord pointing at computer. The remote is plugged into computer then turned on remote then aircraft. The remote screen keeps cycling thru ATTI, GPS, & ready to go

You can only update firmware using Assistant on one device at a time: remote or AC.
It sounds like you either have a bad USB cable, or something on your PC is blocking the connection.

In the past I've had problems updating the AC "over the air" through the Go app but not the remote. You may want to just update the remote firmware through the Go app.
This last time I had no issues updating the AC firmware through the app so you might want to try that if connecting with Assistant is a problem. But first, with Assistant running, try connecting the AC directly to the PC using a USB cable.

Incidentally, i have had Assistant be stubborn connecting to the remote. It was successful after I connected the AC first, then switched to connecting the RC.

The manual says it can do both at one time & thats the way I tried it. Gonna take your suggestion. Thank you so much

Come to think of it, the RC may refuse to be connected to Assstant on the PC while it already has a connection to the AC. Try turning off the AC when connecting Assistant to the RC.

The manual says it can do both at one time & thats the way I tried it. Gonna take your suggestion. Thank you so much
You may have misread that. Perhaps it read "one at a time" rather than "at one time" or the translator goofed in writing the manual. I'm certain Assistant can't update the AC firmware through the RC. The point of Assstant is to manage the AC (or RC) directly through USB. The Go App can update the AC through the RC though.

OK- sounds strange but here goes. Found a video on utube and said to go to dji.com then downloads,mavic pro and download from there. The version I got I googled for and was also dji.com but it seemed to be a newer version. I deleted that did it the way the video said and it worked fine for both the remote AND the AC. I realized assistant wasn't seeing the AC, but now it's doing everything just fine. Thank you so much for your time and answers- GREATLY appreciated!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone