DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Firmware

MTW4518

Reactions
I have a Mavic pro proximately-year-old. It is still on firmware .700 and DJI GO4 4.0.8. I am wondering if you guys that have upgraded to the latest firmware, think it’s a good idea for me to upgrade or leave it where I’m at. It flies just fine right now but I’m wondering if I’m missing out on some new features. I’ve been delaying it because of issues with the Geo versions.

Reactions: charliesRig
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm on .700 and DJI Go4 4.1.18. And I've been there for a long while as everything is fine with my Mavic Pro with original set of props and no crashes. I'm using an iPhone X that's still on iOS 11.2 as I'm afraid to update to 12.0.1. Any thoughts on upgrading my iPhone? What are you using for a screen?

hold on to your 700
and stand by.!
I just had to up grade my firmware from 700 and when i get my bird back i will let you know what i think of the latest firmware update I'm trying to stay positive and have an open mind
I have been flying Mavic Pro on 700 DJI go4 4.0.8 for the last 17 month and it has been rock solid.!
...cR

Good to know, thanks for the information. Please get back to me with your opinion.

I just wanted to give you an update......
I just got my Mavic back from repair and it was updated to the latest firmware from my old 700
Also updated the DJI Go4 app
To the latest greatest as of 10-16-18. I manage to pre flight /warm up and take it up to height just like before I spent roughly 17-20 minutes took a couple of pic's
It is different I can't place my finger on it... but the newest firmware upgrade worked well
With no issues .

Will spend some more time see if I can tell the difference
And will update this post when I get more flight time

Just a side note...
You can update your flight app
(DJIGo4 app) that will not effect your
Mavic Firmware
You don't need." DJIGo4 "app
(there are other third party app's)
you can use
To fly your mavic as long as your controller is connected.!
.....and make sure you have your RTH set if loss of signal
With controller in your setting.!
I just use DJIGo4 app because it's what I cut my teeth on
But this whole "Force stop/upgrade app" and why I crashed chapter.
Is making me rethink why I still use "There Flight App"
......cR

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler