DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal alignment sensor

pay4nothing

Reactions
Hi there,

I am fairly new to drone flying and repairing. I own a Mavic Pro which I bought with an gimbal defect, where the Gimbal startup, initialisation and calibration fails with an gimbal overload and nocking to it's ends tops.

I already changed the Gimbal board, the ribbon cable, the gimbal motors itself and the camera cable but non of them seems to be the reason for the weird behavior.

Now I assume, that the sensor that measures the angular position of the gimbal has a malfunction or is not properly connected. But I don't know where this sensor is located.
Does anyone know, if this sensor is located in the camera module or in the Gimbal itself? Or is possibly brave enough to test it's mavic pros gimbal behaviour with a disconnected camera cable? If there is an failure in the initialisation with a disconnected camera the sensor could be located in the camera itself and a change of this part could solve my issue.

Thank you for your help!

Hi there,

I am fairly new to drone flying and repairing. I own a Mavic Pro which I bought with an gimbal defect, where the Gimbal startup, initialisation and calibration fails with an gimbal overload and nocking to it's ends tops.

I already changed the Gimbal board, the ribbon cable, the gimbal motors itself and the camera cable but non of them seems to be the reason for the weird behavior.

Now I assume, that the sensor that measures the angular position of the gimbal has a malfunction or is not properly connected. But I don't know where this sensor is located.
Does anyone know, if this sensor is located in the camera module or in the Gimbal itself? Or is possibly brave enough to test it's mavic pros gimbal behaviour with a disconnected camera cable? If there is an failure in the initialisation with a disconnected camera the sensor could be located in the camera itself and a change of this part could solve my issue.

Thank you for your help!
I can’t answer your question directly. However, I have an MPP and have changed the gimbal several times. My experience is that there are different versions of boards and gimbals that don’t get along with each other. I have never found a way to figure out which goes with which. I have mixed various boards and gimbals resulting in some knocking and some not. And some combinations would calibrate and some not.
Out of frustration, I took a pile of money and bought a whole set (gimbal, board, with camera) to arrive at a setup that works. If it didn’t work perfectly or had a blurry lens, I returned it to Amazon and ordered another.
Sadly, the Mavic Pro gimbal/camera system is very weak, easily damaged and just poorly designed IMHO.

Well that is a pretty frustrating answer. But thank you very much! I will try some different kinds of calibrating IMU, gimbal and gimbal via PC and if non of them works, I will begin swapping components for the search of compatibility.

Well I solved my problem. I previously installed multiple gimbal cables from different manufacturers that were sold cheaper than an original cable. Now a purchased an original cable and everything works fine...

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom