DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Gimbal Not Responding after light crash

SeanDD

Reactions
Gimbal does not respond to remote function other than pictures after small landing crash. Gimbal move on its own during start up but not like normal calibration. Looks 180 then back forward after a min or so. Will repeat over time. Any ideas? Does say Gimbal Overload

Reactions: Droniac
Hi SeanDD and welcome to the forum. I guess I could have tried to help in the other thread but it was so old.
That definately sounds like a hardware issue. Have you tried blowing it out with air to see if it might be dirt in there? Otherwise it sounds like a repair job by sending it in or doing it yourself.

Reactions: Droniac
Gimbal does not respond to remote function other than pictures after small landing crash. Gimbal move on its own during start up but not like normal calibration. Looks 180 then back forward after a min or so. Will repeat over time. Any ideas? Does say Gimbal Overload
The mavic Pro has a really fragile gimbal ribbon cable which can wear out even without a crash and is the obvious first place to start. The good news is the ribbon cable is cheap and it’s “relatively” easy to get to. The bad news is the ribbon cable is folded up with complex origami which is a major PITA to replace.

The mavic Pro has a really fragile gimbal ribbon cable which can wear out even without a crash and is the obvious first place to start. The good news is the ribbon cable is cheap and it’s “relatively” easy to get to. The bad news is the ribbon cable is folded up with complex origami which is a major PITA to replace.
I will agree with that. It is a bit challenging the first time, but after a few times it becomes much easier.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
This is a rather old thread though I have a Mavic Mini Ultralight same story pretty much had a light crash though I have no response from the gimble visuals are fine but it is completely floppy when given slight push side to side but has spring back when pushed up n down it doesn't shake wobble give any identification that it's turned on and working

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest