DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro gimbal problem

zyz

Reactions
My first post and one not that positive...

After a one year of great friendship with my Mavic, gimbal said - I'M DONE and keeps on dancing his own way, not stoping with calibrating when Mavic starts...
I never had crash, maybe the owner before me, but there is no any scratches or damage on housing.

Sometimes, when I was flying in SPORT mode and doing fast turns, rotations, stops, camera resets by itself in mid of air, but than works fine again later.
In normal mode it was always everything fine. I can't say it's firmware update, because it happen in the middle trip inside car, nicely packed in bag with gimbal cap on, flying normaly in NEW MEXICO, pack drone in bag, drive to the TEXAS and not working anymore...

I readed alot of topics here and google it, but still before doing anything wanna ask and show my example video...

Also I wanna try to fix it myself, as there is alot of tutorials on HOW TO, so from cheapest step I wanna buy flex cable... is the one from ebay link ok and will work or need to buy something else and where?
eBay - DJI Mavic Pro gimbal flex cable

All the best.

Ivan

Greetings...I'm a Mavic Pro owner just over a year now! Absolutely love the bird!!

I've now changed the gimbal ribbon on my bird twice. First time due to a crash; second time about two weeks ago- most likely from a "hard-landing" that happened perhaps 10 days prior. Gimbal worked OK after the hard-landing, but I noticed a developing glitch in my videos until two weeks ago when the gimbal went into "over-load" mode.

Answer to your question: Can't speak for Ebay, but I've purchased 2 gimbal ribbons from Amazon, spending $15 to $17.00 (I tend NOT to "go for the cheapest" when I'm looking for stuff for my Mavic).

And, I've had good results both times with what I bought from Amazon.

Reactions: zyz
Greetings...I'm a Mavic Pro owner just over a year now! Absolutely love the bird!!

I've now changed the gimbal ribbon on my bird twice. First time due to a crash; second time about two weeks ago- most likely from a "hard-landing" that happened perhaps 10 days prior. Gimbal worked OK after the hard-landing, but I noticed a developing glitch in my videos until two weeks ago when the gimbal went into "over-load" mode.

Answer to your question: Can't speak for Ebay, but I've purchased 2 gimbal ribbons from Amazon, spending $15 to $17.00 (I tend NOT to "go for the cheapest" when I'm looking for stuff for my Mavic).

And, I've had good results both times with what I bought from Amazon.

Thank you so much for your advice ? cheers and enjoy flying :)

Reactions: BrucenYvette

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest