DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro image with horizontal lines - What is wrong?

ylmavicpro

Reactions
Yesterday I shot 8 landscape images with my mavic pro platanium. One image has horizontal lines, the file seems corrupt (I shot raw files). Has anyone experienced similar problem? What shall I do?

Thanks for any advice.

DJI_Image_with_stripes.jpg

Is the image direct from the SD card?

Maybe an SD card problem? It is weird that it didnt happen on all the images. Can you crop the lines out? looks like the picture would still be good.

Reactions: ylmavicpro
It is most likely a problem with the SD card. The one that came with the MP is not fast enough for 4k video and may also choke on RAW files.

Make sure you get your SD card from a reputable seller. There are some counterfeit cards out there.

Maybe an SD card problem? It is weird that it didnt happen on all the images. Can you crop the lines out? looks like the picture would still be good.

It is not worth to repare such corrupted file. I just want to figure out where the problem lies, so that in future it does not happen again.

Make sure you get your SD card from a reputable seller. There are some counterfeit cards out there.

Thank you, Mossiback for the hint. Right now what I have is the SD cards from Dji, together delievered with the drone.

Thank you, Mossiback for the hint. Right now what I have is the SD cards from Dji, together delievered with the drone.
Strange enough, the SD card supplied with my MP is not fast enough for 4K video (may be different now). Why DJI would produce such an advanced flying system and cheap out on the SD card is beyond me. Get a faster SD card, you should have a second one anyway.

The SD Card, which came with the Mavic Pro Platanium, is a SanDisk extreme, 16 GB HC-1 U3. I have an extra, which a SanDisk 64GB Micro, UHS-I U1 Class10 Ultra. It is maybe slower than the one from Dji?

The SD Card, which came with the Mavic Pro Platanium, is a SanDisk extreme, 16 GB HC-1 U3. I have an extra, which a SanDisk 64GB Micro, UHS-I U1 Class10 Ultra. It is maybe slower than the one from Dji?

I use 1 of these in my MP Extreme PLUS microSD UHS-I Card A1 | SanDisk

Sandisk Extreme Plus 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-I memory card
SDSQXBG-032G-GN6MA
Memory
Capacity 32 GB
Flash card type MicroSDHC
Read speed 100 MB/s
Write speed 90 MB/s
Internal memory type UHS-I
Design
Colour of product Brown, Red
Protection features Shock resistant, Temperature proof, Waterproof, X-ray-proof