DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Plaltinum Trace Issues

00TANK

Reactions
Hi all,
New to the forum and to drones in general.
Question I have is my Mavic seems to have issues in Trace mode.
When it’s following the object, it seems to fly and then stop and keep trying to follow again. It’s quite severe in the sense that it’ll start tracing and then all of a sudden the front will come up and it’ll come to an immediate stop then go a little bit more and do it again... continuously. Works fine in profile. Just not the trace mode.
Hope that makes sense.

Hi all,
New to the forum and to drones in general.
Question I have is my Mavic seems to have issues in Trace mode.
When it’s following the object, it seems to fly and then stop and keep trying to follow again. It’s quite severe in the sense that it’ll start tracing and then all of a sudden the front will come up and it’ll come to an immediate stop then go a little bit more and do it again... continuously. Works fine in profile. Just not the trace mode.
Hope that makes sense.
i think you mean tracking mode the drone will stop if its sensors think something is blocking its path and the bright sun light if it in front of the mav can have a similar effect also the speed of the object being tracked can affect it as well if you go to fast the mav will stop as it is trying to regain sight of you

I am not familiar with these particular modes on the Mavic Pro Platinum Active Track modes but I did find this YT vid on the subject. It might help.

I am not sure but failing all else maybe try re-calibrating your AC again and see if that helps.

i think you mean tracking mode the drone will stop if its sensors think something is blocking its path and the bright sun light if it in front of the mav can have a similar effect also the speed of the object being tracked can affect it as well if you go to fast the mav will stop as it is trying to regain sight of you

Hey there. Thanks for replying. There’s definitely not been any obstacles in the way... the sunlight may have been a factor though now that you mention that. I’ll have another crack at it and see if it helps. Thanks again.

I am not familiar with these particular modes on the Mavic Pro Platinum Active Track modes but I did find this YT vid on the subject. It might help.

I am not sure but failing all else maybe try re-calibrating your AC again and see if that helps.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I’ll have a watch of that video now and try recalibrating. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S