DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro platinum hover rpm

panagiotis

Reactions
Hello, can someone please tell me how many rpm's has when platinum is hovering? Mine is about 500-505-510. Is it ok?
Thank you.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Hello, can someone please tell me how many rpm's has when platinum is hovering? Mine is about 500-505-510. Is it ok?
Thank you.

if you check the screen, it gives motor speed x10 ..so yours is 5000-5100. Your Perfectly Normal. :)

not sure why you are asking ,have you an issue with your drones hovering ie holding position
the motors will be constantly changing speed ,to enable the drone to hover on the spot even in a windless place
the speeds you mentioned are within specs

But which motor is it measuring? There are four.
not quite sure what you mean, by which motor is it measuring ,the drone flies on the spot because the 4 motors are constantly being controlled by the ESCs ,(electronic speed controllers)
these get their info from the IMU and flight controller and because of the way the done flies it keeps it in one spot ,the motors spin in different directions in pairs ,so two go clockwise and the other two go counter clockwise they balance out the inertial forces acting on the drone ,and by slowing down or speeding up pairs of props the drone can then move through a 360 degree axis, to climb all 4 motors spin faster to descend all 4 slow down

not quite sure what you mean, by which motor is it measuring ,the drone flies on the spot because the 4 motors are constantly being controlled by the ESCs ,(electronic speed controllers)
these get their info from the IMU and flight controller and because of the way the done flies it keeps it in one spot ,the motors spin in different directions in pairs ,so two go clockwise and the other two go counter clockwise they balance out the inertial forces acting on the drone ,and by slowing down or speeding up pairs of props the drone can then move through a 360 degree axis, to climb all 4 motors spin faster to descend all 4 slow down
It gives one reading on the screen for all motors?

Yes i have 500-510 when just hovering for example indoors or outdoors with no wind speed.
I'am asking because i saw a video on youtube and they said they had 470-490 and i thought maybe something was wrong with mine.

This is for mavic pro, i'm talking about mavic pro platinum with the low noise propellers.

Yes i have 500-510 when just hovering for example indoors or outdoors with no wind speed.
I'am asking because i saw a video on youtube and they said they had 470-490 and i thought maybe something was wrong with mine.
The flight controller will manage the motor speed to maintain a stable hover.
If the motors were reving too fast, the drone would climb.
If they were too slow, the drone would descend.
If it's hovering, there's nothing wrong with the motor speed.

Reactions: old man mavic
@panagiotis the master airscrew props for the MPP do apparently ,because of their design give a lower motor RPM ,as they give slightly more lift for a given rotational speed,maybe that was the video you saw

@panagiotis the master airscrew props for the MPP do apparently ,because of their design give a lower motor RPM ,as they give slightly more lift for a given rotational speed,maybe that was the video you saw

Watch after 7:50. It is with the dji low noise propellers.

By the way with master airscrew propellers do we get at platinum a longer flight time?

i have seen that video before ,it is showing the difference between the MP1 and the MPP ,basically they are identical airframes ,the MPP being an upgraded version that used a different type of ESC and different props ,which resulted in a slight increase in flight time, and a different prop sound, which was not so obtrusive as the MP1, you can use the low noise MPP props on the MP1,and you may need to adjust the gains if you get any vibrations in the videos

i have seen that video before ,it is showing the difference between the MP1 and the MPP ,basically they are identical airframes ,the MPP being an upgraded version that used a different type of ESC and different props ,which resulted in a slight increase in flight time, and a different prop sound, which was not so obtrusive as the MP1, you can use the low noise MPP props on the MP1,and you may need to adjust the gains if you get any vibrations in the videos

I know all those things you say, i know the differences etc. I'm just saying how are they seeing 470-480 rpm's when i see 500-510? I'm consuming more battery like this and i have shorter flight time. That's why i asked the question in first place. But maybe they made a mistake since everyone saying that 500rpm is fine?

I know all those things you say, i know the differences etc. I'm just saying how are they seeing 470-480 rpm's when i see 500-510? I'm consuming more battery like this and i have shorter flight time. That's why i asked the question in first place. But maybe they made a mistake since everyone saying that 500rpm is fine?
there is one consideration to take into account and that is air temp +air density these vary considerably at different places due to barometric pressure and height from sea level
and they could explain the difference you are seeing

Thank you.

Owned a MPP since 2017 and have over 600 flights with it, your hovering RPMs sound on par with mine. At higher altitudes you'll see that number go up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka