DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro platinum imu calibration

Awesome1

Reactions
Hello all! I'm watching the videos on how to calibrate the imu. They all seem to show the drone sitting straight up as part of the calibration but the drone will either stand resting on the back legs leaning forward or I can stand it up on the props and it leans back. I've seen another video where the drone was held in place straight up. What is the best way to complete this part of the calibration?
Any thougjts?

@Awesome1 dont hold the drone find a level none metalic surface and just move the drone to the different positions that the screen shows ,its important to watch carefully and only move it when told, once it reaches the last position, just be patient and wait for it to finish, before you attempt to move the drone .the whole object of the exercise is simply to give the giros a reference point to work off, when the drone if flying ,so the drone knows which way up it is.
if after the drone has landed and the battery is still on ,you pick it up and tilt it or move it ,you will get a message IMU error because the giros have sensed the movement

I think you misunderstood the OPs question.

I too pondered the issue with the premise that the AC had to be at a specific position relative to plumb (since there is no "level" with some of the positions). In some positions there's two ways you can lean the AC, so which is correct?

I think the point is more on keeping the AC steady than precisely in a specific angle to plumb.
So don't hold it as you might shake it, but resting it in either stable position should be OK. If it seems solidly placed for no movement but you're unsure it might fall down, I suppose lightly giving it support with a finger will work.

@DanMan32 ,not sure i did my friend,it does not matter if the drone is perfectly aligned in any given position during the process and thats why i said dont hold it ,meaning let it find its own position,the main thing to achieve is not moving the drone while it is being calibrated,but it is best to calibrate the drone on a level surface

Hello all! I'm watching the videos on how to calibrate the imu. They all seem to show the drone sitting straight up as part of the calibration but the drone will either stand resting on the back legs leaning forward or I can stand it up on the props and it leans back. I've seen another video where the drone was held in place straight up. What is the best way to complete this part of the calibration?
Any thougjts?

Just pick a position that is as close to vertical as possible

Reactions: DanMan32
@DanMan32 ,not sure i did my friend,it does not matter if the drone is perfectly aligned in any given position during the process and thats why i said dont hold it ,meaning let it find its own position,the main thing to achieve is not moving the drone while it is being calibrated,but it is best to calibrate the drone on a level surface
I was picking up your focusing on movement (don't hold it) and not as much about details on position. You did directly answer OP'S specific question this time though, in saying it didn't need to be perfectly aligned.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks for the advice guys! Sounds like it doesn't matter if it's sitting straight up vertically. That was what I was trying to figure out as the design of the drone causes it to be on an angle when sitting in that position.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78