DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro platinum, magnetic interference when flying.

James in the Desert

Reactions
Need help when flying my Mavic pro platinum. Yesterday I continued to get magnetic interference while flying around the community.. However, when I flew my Mavic 3 using the RC pro I did not receive any interference whatsoever, flying the same course any ideas. Thank you

Need help when flying my Mavic pro platinum. Yesterday I continued to get magnetic interference while flying around the community.. However, when I flew my Mavic 3 using the RC pro I did not receive any interference whatsoever, flying the same course any ideas. Thank you
That sounds odd.
Unless you fly at something like one metre height, nothing on the ground is going to have any magnetic influence on your drone's compass.

Reactions: James in the Desert
Where have you stored the MPP... have it been near something magnetic for a longer period? Something on the drone itself can have been magnetized.

That sounds odd.
Unless you fly at something like one metre height, nothing on the ground is going to have any magnetic influence on your drone's compass.
yes, I have been flying for sometime and some of the things I learned at an early age in flying. However, this it cleared and then when it was up in the air, the magnetic message in red kept on flashing intermittently while I was cruising around and then at one point, the transmission got scrambled.

Where have you stored the MPP... have it been near something magnetic for a longer period? Something on the drone itself can have been magnetized.
this is very interesting, I can relate to it. I’m a watch enthusiast and for a period of time I always stored my watch next to my phone when charging and continued to have magnetic challenges with my timepiece. Thank you

this is very interesting, I can relate to it. I’m a watch enthusiast and for a period of time I always stored my watch next to my phone when charging and continued to have magnetic challenges with my timepiece. Thank you
If "the magnetic message in red kept on flashing intermittently" it could depend on that the magnetic field direction of the part on the drone that have been magnetized coincide with earth mag field when the drone is oriented in a particular direction... we have seen this before & actually up to a degree that it actually start to induce yaw error like drifts.

If you have messed around with watches you perhaps have a degaussing tool you can use on the drone... if not, CFixer is specially designed for drones & this purpose.

If "the magnetic message in red kept on flashing intermittently" it could depend on that the magnetic field direction of the part on the drone that have been magnetized coincide with earth mag field when the drone is oriented in a particular direction... we have seen this before & actually up to a degree that it actually start to induce yaw error like drifts.

If you have messed around with watches you perhaps have a degaussing tool you can use on the drone... if not, CFixer is specially designed for drones & this purpose.
Thank you

I have had a couple places, states apart from each other that are magnetic. You will get this every time you are there till close to 400’. Lots of whatever in those two locations.

I have had a couple places, states apart from each other that are magnetic. You will get this every time you are there till close to 400’. Lots of whatever in those two locations.
Things on the ground won't have any effect on your drone's compass if you are 20 feet up.
Whatever you are seeing, it's something else.

Things on the ground won't have any effect on your drone's compass if you are 20 feet up.
Whatever you are seeing, it's something else.
Both places vacant land. Magnetic interference goes away once you move away and up. Take pictures and come back and again, 200’ or more interference comes back. Steep hillsides so I guess I could be closer sideways than straight down. Still, it’s there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas