DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum (Removable gimbal protection tab & GO4 App) quesiton

Armand V Cpt

Reactions
Hi all,

Something I have noticed and just want to verify that my MPP that I bought second hand is indeed a Platinum and not (I know this might sound crazy) a standard Mavic Pro (that had it's external parts swopped with a Platinum's or something...)

1. In most YouTube video's and pictures I could see of the Mavic Pro Platinum's gimbal it had a RED tag on the top of the gimbal, where mine has a YELLOW tag... I have read various threads about people speculating that because the Platinum has a red tag it might be a different camera component etc. Anyone out there with a Platinum that also has a YELLOW tag on their gimbal?

2. When I launch my GO 4 App (ios), the home screen displays a standard Mavic Pro, and not a Platinum. Some YouTube videos I have seen display the Platinum model on the GO4 App. Is this normal?

3. When I run my serial in the "DJI SERIAL DECODER" I get the following information: "Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 15. December 2017" Do you guys and girls with Platinum's also get the same model name for you serial numbers?

Had a P4 before this so I have no previous experience with the Mavic Pro.

Thank you for any help or replies :)

Hi all,

Something I have noticed and just want to verify that my MPP that I bought second hand is indeed a Platinum and not (I know this might sound crazy) a standard Mavic Pro (that had it's external parts swopped with a Platinum's or something...)

1. In most YouTube video's and pictures I could see of the Mavic Pro Platinum's gimbal it had a RED tag on the top of the gimbal, where mine has a YELLOW tag... I have read various threads about people speculating that because the Platinum has a red tag it might be a different camera component etc. Anyone out there with a Platinum that also has a YELLOW tag on their gimbal?

2. When I launch my GO 4 App (ios), the home screen displays a standard Mavic Pro, and not a Platinum. Some YouTube videos I have seen display the Platinum model on the GO4 App. Is this normal?

3. When I run my serial in the "DJI SERIAL DECODER" I get the following information: "Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 15. December 2017" Do you guys and girls with Platinum's also get the same model name for you serial numbers?

Had a P4 before this so I have no previous experience with the Mavic Pro.

Thank you for any help or replies :)

Hi all. Just to correct my post above, I saw now that the Go4 App shows a Mavic Pro, but then as soon as you connect the Mavic Pro Platinum it changes the picture on the Go4 App home screen to the Platinum.

So I don’t think I have a fake Platinum, but the yellow tag on the gimbal still bugs me...

Mines a MPP new from DJI and has a yellow tag on the camera. I read this coloured tab is an indication of the age of the camera as some changes were made from earlier version. I've also had a standard Mavic in 2017 and this had a red tab.

Reactions: Armand V Cpt
Hmmm, so does this mean my MPP still suffers from 1080p60 problems?

I would not worry my MPP also has a red tag as well and I purchased it new in September 2018, and I have not found any problems with it at all, but to be fair I have only flown using the 4K setting.

DJI Decode States Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 3. July 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: Armand V Cpt
I would not worry my MPP also has a red tag as well and I purchased it new in September 2018, and I have not found any problems with it at all, but to be fair I have only flown using the 4K setting.

DJI Decode States Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 3. July 2018

But mine is Yellow?

I understand the your label is yellow but have you flown and tested it yet for any camera/gimbal problems, the chances are that as yours is a earlier version MPP its already been rectified through software updates, I would suggest checking to see if it already has the latest firmware update installed.

I purchased a cover with the gimble protector all in one on eBay for $2. Best purchase ever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61