DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum

Robo1946

Reactions
What makes me really mad with DJI regarding the Mavic Pro Platinum and we all know this was not a cheap drone. The rediculous cheap plastic USB cover broke with very little use. The little tabs that guide the cover in both have broken off. So this just leaves the cover hanging there looking weird. Why oh why do they make such cheap parts in an expensive drone. Now I have to repalce the entire bottom cover in order to renew just a silly little cheap plastic cover.

What makes me really mad with DJI regarding the Mavic Pro Platinum and we all know this was not a cheap drone. The rediculous cheap plastic USB cover broke with very little use. The little tabs that guide the cover in both have broken off. So this just leaves the cover hanging there looking weird. Why oh why do they make such cheap parts in an expensive drone. Now I have to repalce the entire bottom cover in order to renew just a silly little cheap plastic cover.
Have not experienced that on mine, although I understand your concern with quality. My advice is remove the cover and don’t worry about it. It’ll be fine. Given the age of the drone, it’s not worth the trouble.

Last edited:
Those covers are all similar across many DJI products. They do require a bit of extra care when used to elevate the issue you describe.
I saw this potential problem when I acquired the Mavic Pro a few years ago and I’m not certain there is any better design that could have been used. I’ll leave that to the engineering crowd to decide.

Reactions: mereflyer
There are usb covers available for most designs. Not permanently attached but might work for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman