DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro slightly unstable.

Tacoman

Reactions
Hi
I have revived my slightly old Mavic pro. I noticed that when I take off it will be somewhat unstable for a min or 2 of flying before settling down. If I take my fingers off both sticks it will generally drift quickly to the right or backward. It also has some trouble maintaining hover altitude. It will drop or rise 5-10ft. It responds to corrections, so it is controllable. Braking does not seem to be as quick as the last time I flew it regularly. The firmware is up to date and no faults are reported. GPS is working with a good number of satellites, usually about 5-7. It does seem to take a little time more time to get into GPS flight mode before take off. It acquires and updates the home point as it should. Return to home works fine. Weird thing is after a couple minutes flying it becomes rock stable. I have aligned the anti-collision with DJI Assistant 2, that did not seem to help. Collision avoidance works as it should. It lands controllable as it always did.

Can anyone recommend any checks or setting tweaks that will improve the situation? It's flyable but it requires attention until things settle down.

Thanks for any ideas.
John

Last edited:
Hi
I have revived my slightly old Mavic pro. I noticed that when I take off it will be somewhat unstable for a min or 2 of flying before settling down. If I take my fingers off both sticks it will generally drift quickly to the right or backward. It also has some trouble maintaining hover altitude. It will drop or rise 5-10ft. It responds to corrections, so it is controllable. Braking does not seem to be as quick as the last time I flew it regularly. The firmware is up to date and no faults are reported. GPS is working with a good number of satellites, usually about 5-7. It does seem to take a little time more time to get into GPS flight mode before take off. It acquires and updates the home point as it should. Return to home works fine. Weird thing is after a couple minutes flying it becomes rock stable. I have aligned the anti-collision with DJI Assistant 2, that did not seem to help. Collision avoidance works as it should. It lands controllable as it always did.

Can anyone recommend any checks or setting tweaks that will improve the situation? It's flyable but it requires attention until things settle down.

Thanks for any ideas.
John
How many satellites do you have when flight becomes more stable? 5 - 7 sats is rather low and may explain the drift.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
I’ve not seen a home point acquired with just 5 to 7 satellites.
Seems odd. Anything covering the gps?

I had one like that. I suspect the IMU. Certainly calibrate it, but try turning it on and let the system heat up for 5 minutes. Then take off to see if the stability is any better.

Might be vision sensors. They control it at low altitude until about 30 feet up.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98