DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro veering right...

jmark

Reactions
Posted this on the official forums, but thought I'd try here too.

Basically, my Mavic veers right when travelling faster (noticed it at full throttle on P-mode the other day). Here is a clip I recorded. I tried to line it up straight with the lines of the field before I flew forward at full throttle.

Wind at ground according to UAV Forecast was 2 m/s, 4 m/s gust.

Is this normal or do I need to calibrate the controller of the MP again?

Last edited:
Unfortunately this one came after 2 other Mavics with different issues straight out of the box. The first one had a faulty controller screen and the second had a battery that was under capacity when fully charged. With this being the third different problem I lost faith in the product and took it straight back. I know I've seen others with this issue on the forum so it might be worth a search. Someone may have solved it, but I ended up switching mine for a Mavic Air. I never found out what the issue was but admittedly didn't go beyond compass and imu calibrations.

The field lines aren't guaranteed to be straight, however first thing to do is calibrate your sticks, it is probably applying a tiny amount of pressure in that direction when it should be on zero.
Also IMU being out a little could do it. Calibrate that too, followed by compass in a suitable location.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
The field lines aren't guaranteed to be straight, however first thing to do is calibrate your sticks, it is probably applying a tiny amount of pressure in that direction when it should be on zero.
Also IMU being out a little could do it. Calibrate that too, followed by compass in a suitable location.
The field lines aren't necessarily straight, but when I observe the Mavic from the ground it's virtually flying diagonally. Surely it should not be this bad. I can't calibrate now as it's raining, but I'll calibrate the compass again (for the third time) in a the middle of a local field when it stops and see if that helps. This is becoming very frustrating.

You should do the sticks and the IMU, which don't need to be done outside in the rain.
The compass only takes a minute in the field when conditions are suitable to fly.
If you get a good calibration ignore it for the next several months unless it complains in the app.

Just had a little test flight again. At a low altitude, I aligned the craft directly in front of me and flew forward. It remained pretty much perfectly straight up until about 100m where it then started to veer off. However, approximately at the place it veered off the field opens up from the left, the craft started to veer to the right. I'm starting to think this is more a wind issue now, though I'm really unsure. The craft was at about 5 metre height and I could feel any wind, although higher up the branches were swaying ever so slightly.

Wondering if I should just send the Mavic in for a check up of sorts on the warranty. What do you think? Or would it be a waste of time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada