DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro with dji googles

Hercules

Reactions
Hello.
i am brand new owner of mavic pro and have got hold of some dji googles.
when I hook them up and fly, I no longer get a 40 - 50 meter. are there any adjustments for and getting longer reach? what am i doing wrong? greeting a frustrated beginner :)

Im going to throw alot at you, just to cover all out bases, so bare with me as I get the feeling this is a simple issue your facing.

First some clarification...
I assume you are stating that before you started using the Goggles, you were having successful flights where you were getting further distance/range from your position, than you are now getting while using the Goggles?

Please say so, if this is not correct...

Now, a few Questions:
1) Are u using the RC (remote controller) with or without a phone/tablet, both with and without the use of Goggles?
2) If you are using a device with Go4 app, are you logged into your DJI account?

Reason for asking 1-2: DJI sets a limit on how high and how far you can fly if your not using a device running Go4, which needs to be logged into DJI account, at least at the start of your flight...

3) Have you ever had a Goggles flight where you got further than 50m (as stated)?
4) Have you tried to fly in differing enviroments? (ie: Cityscape vs wilderness vs residential areas)? If so, did you face these same issues?
5) Have you ever had any distance/range issues, even just occasionally, before you started using Goggles?

Reasons for asking 3-5: If your in an area with heavy WIFI, or many obstacles around (ie: buildings) than your signal can get scrambled, making the AC (aircraft) stop and wait for clear direction from the RC. If your having these issues in a wide open area, then its either software problems or something more serious/less common (but lets hope its not that)

Let us know if that got you sorted out or not!

Reactions: Paulf10
Hi and thank you very much for the answer.

When I fly and use the control connected to the phone I can fly far without any problems and I am then logged into dji go 4. But when I remove the phone and use only googels and control then I get this problem. if i don't remember wrong there will be some restrictions inside googles when the drone is 40-50 feet from me. The drone then just stops but works excellent on them 40-50 meters. can i use phone and google at the same time then? chance it solves problem

etc. amateur

Just don't remove the phone, you must use it in parallel to the goggles. The GO4 app is required for unlocking the Mavic, the goggles firmware is not capable for doing it.
The goggles are just an additional accessory, no replacement for a phone running GO4!

Reactions: Paulf10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS