DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Range Extenders

I have a set for my P3S that seems to help about 10-15%. I just recently got a MPP which came with a set, but honestly I don't think I really need them. The range and signal is so much better on my Mavic, that even if they did work, I probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of it before the battery ran out. My Phantom's video would often start to lag or drop out around 1500' - 2000', whereas I got my Mavic out to 6000' over water recently and still had three or four bars.

So, do they work on the Mavic? Maybe. Do you need them? I don't think so.

Absolutely 110% can you use them and needed absolutely there’s a reason there is a demand for something like them. I use them on my mavic pro platinum and I live in a really congested nebighorhood in Minnesota and before I put on the amplified antennas i would loose my video signal after 2 blocks I had parabolic wind surfers I tried different antennas. Do I think it makes a huge difference in they are non amplified but a different antenna then stock probably not as much as a person would want but... with battery amplified antennas 110% absolutely it shows it works and absolutely 200% they are needed I am not saying the Mavic doesn’t go far but... if it’s trying to communicate with your drone Mavic phantom inspire spark whatever it’s using 2.4ghz and 2.4ghz on a router is 2.4ghz on your remote is 2.4ghz that’s called congestion my friend and when you boost your 2.4ghz signal over what another 2.4ghz device is using guess what wins??? The line at covertdrones.com I swear by every drone I have from hear on our no matter what if there is a battery amplified antenna made for it I will put it on there in that box I am showing there is a 6000mah battery behind that. When you boost a signal with a battery you are going to see better results I’m glad the stock works for you some people live in the perfect conditions where you may not need anything besides stock but absolutely it is a needed product I wouldn’t trade it for anything on my mavic! It just makes sense boosting a signal works better then stock 100 percent :) I am glad that stock works for you and you get the range you need it saves you quite a bit of money then over having to buy a set up that is able to do what these do. Depending on conditions a battery amplified antenna will boost 40 to 300% over stock antennas it’s proven that’s why a lot of law enforcement agencies have already picked these up as well becuase they work and if the results are clear then it shows

Attachments

• 2B4A87E2-68CC-4086-AA6A-4120C6DD3807.jpeg
    2B4A87E2-68CC-4086-AA6A-4120C6DD3807.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 26
  • CDEB5527-2B0B-4718-9E0C-A4703982EAF8.jpeg
    CDEB5527-2B0B-4718-9E0C-A4703982EAF8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
  • B086186B-31CA-4CB3-ABC8-D968CABBAD7C.jpeg
    B086186B-31CA-4CB3-ABC8-D968CABBAD7C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 88B6A92E-C1EA-4A87-B624-27865AA23897.jpeg
    88B6A92E-C1EA-4A87-B624-27865AA23897.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
Battery amplified antenna is completely different then just using a non amplified flat panel antenna the battery is the key to the better range I would agree just changing the stock antennas from one non amplified to a different non amplified the results are probably not going to be what you first had thought but you throw that battery into the equation and then the equation changes :)

If they didn’t show results they would have died off a long time ago they are a premium product but they are still super strong on the market and they rock

My buddy is an RF Engineer who works for a company that makes spectrum analyzers. He took great interest in the Skyreat parabolic reflectors I bought when I had my P3P. He said the theory was sound and that they turned the antennas from omni-directional to directional. He said the key to the reflectors was the measurement of the arc of the parabola for the specific radio frequency. (I think I'm remembering this accurately.)

My real world results convinced me. There is a hill I used to fly my P3 from. She used to consistently range out to about 2800 meters before losing signal. With the only change in variables being the addition of the reflectors, I consistently got 3600 meters range.

I'm a believer.

What's the point of a range extender when you're not allowed to fly out of LINE OF SIGHT anyway?

Well, you could say it's to improve the connection at shorter distances. But in reality it's because a lot of pilots aren't that concerned with the LOS rule. Now I'm not here to argue about the morality of following/breaking that particular rule, just explaining people's reasoning for getting a range extender.

Reactions: luke61456789
Well, you could say it's to improve the connection at shorter distances. But in reality it's because a lot of pilots aren't that concerned with the LOS rule. Now I'm not here to argue about the morality of following/breaking that particular rule, just explaining people's reasoning for getting a range extender.
:) couldn’t have said it better myself

Following all the rules isn't always safe. Not following the rules isn't always unsafe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_