DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Repair

dfe1

Reactions
The last time I flew my Mavic Air it ran perfectly. The last time I ATTEMPTED to fly it, I received a "gimbal disconnected" message. On the DJI forum, one of the threads addressed the problem and the consensus was that it was an SD card issue.I tried four different SD cards to no avail, (thiw was over the weekend) so Monday morning, I contacted Thunder Drones in Duluth, GA. After describing the problem, Bob said that it was probably the cable or cable connector in the remote. He said to plug into the standard-sized USB connector in the bottom of the remote and connect the other end to my phone and that would probably solve the problem. That is exactly what happened. During the course of the conversation, it became obvious that Bob really knows the whole range of DJI drones and how to repair them.

His phone help is especially noteworthy because rather than giving me the standard line of, "well I can't tell over the phone, send it in for repair", he took the time to walk me through a solution over the phone- at no charge. This says a lot for his integrity and willingness to help. If you need drone repair, I strongly suggest you contact Thunder Drones.

The last time I flew my Mavic Air it ran perfectly. The last time I ATTEMPTED to fly it, I received a "gimbal disconnected" message. On the DJI forum, one of the threads addressed the problem and the consensus was that it was an SD card issue.I tried four different SD cards to no avail, (thiw was over the weekend) so Monday morning, I contacted Thunder Drones in Duluth, GA. After describing the problem, Bob said that it was probably the cable or cable connector in the remote. He said to plug into the standard-sized USB connector in the bottom of the remote and connect the other end to my phone and that would probably solve the problem. That is exactly what happened. During the course of the conversation, it became obvious that Bob really knows the whole range of DJI drones and how to repair them.

His phone help is especially noteworthy because rather than giving me the standard line of, "well I can't tell over the phone, send it in for repair", he took the time to walk me through a solution over the phone- at no charge. This says a lot for his integrity and willingness to help. If you need drone repair, I strongly suggest you contact Thunder Drones.

Sounds like a good guy...And I would stay away from the DJI forums :p Here or RCG is where it is at. Perhaps Bob reads and follows the threads ;)

Sounds like a good guy...And I would stay away from the DJI forums :p Here or RCG is where it is at. Perhaps Bob reads and follows the threads ;)
I agree re: stay away from DJI forum. When I Googled the problem, that's what came up. After playing with SD cards, it became obvious that wasn't the problem so I decided to see if there was a repair company reasonably close. That's when I found Thunder Drones. Luck find.

Bob did a repair for me on one of my M1P's. He does know his stuff. He was reasonable and fast turn around

Has anyone had problems with batteries swelling on M2Z. I've seen where there is a issue of others saying they have, but is there a solution to this or is something I'll have to deal with.

Has anyone had problems with batteries swelling on M2Z. I've seen where there is a issue of others saying they have, but is there a solution to this or is something I'll have to deal with.
Yes I have, and I'm sure many have the same problems.
I bought the M2Z in May last year with 2 seperate batteries.
They all swelling after about 9 months however the drone I bought in Europe including 1 batterie extra, the 3th batterie I bought in China.
I ask DJI for a refund recently, for only 1, the one who was including the drone they send a new one, the one I bought in China they promise also to renew but until now no answer anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa