DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Zoom2 Crash and Killed My Camera

vsolis

Reactions
Hello everyone!

Crashed head first and damaged my camera, i think. The picture is clear and it still zooms in and out but won't look down; it's stuck looking straight ahead. Sometimes the camera turns in weird angles the same way it does when you first turn it on. As if it's having a brain glitch. With that said, does it sound like I need a new Gimbal, camera or both? Any help or insight on this will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Reactions: GFields
That may need to be determined by a repair facility. Could be just the cable.
Picture of damage?

Reactions: GFields
@vsolis ,from your description of the problem ,its not so much about the camera being damaged ,more likely that the Gimbal that holds the camera ,has some damage ,due to the impact either to the ribbon cable that controls the motors ,or indeed to the motors themselves

@vsolis ,from your description of the problem ,its not so much about the camera being damaged ,more likely that the Gimbal that holds the camera ,has some damage ,due to the impact either to the ribbon cable that controls the motors ,or indeed to the motors themselves
OK, thank you! I will take it apart and see if I can see anything

There is quite a bit of internal components that aren’t visible. Likely something to do with one of the motors.

There is quite a bit of internal components that aren’t visible. Likely something to do with one of the motors.
I figured that. I'll get a new damping board and a new ribbon. Which motors are you talking about? Is that what is under that yellow piece? I can change that too

There are three separate motors.(round parts that are covers for each motor)
Yaw motor(controls left right movement)is the upper most.
Pitch motor(controls vertical movement)
Roll motor (controls horizontal movement)
In your case, the thought would be your pitch motor is the culprit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329