DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Pro real estate video-ideas for improvement welcom

Nice place! Transitions (maybe fades) between scenes would help.

I'm sorry but I find the video confusing as you jump from scene-to-scene. I think you need to ”introduce” the property with a wide shot, then perhaps an overhead shot before shifting to close-ups that move around the property/house in a logical progression.

Reactions: sv1krider
Nice place! Transitions (maybe fades) between scenes would help.
I agree, fades would make the shots a little more homey and that might increase curb appeal.

I just did a version with fades between all the clips, but the fades got a little monotonous to watch, so I picked a few clips where they seemed to work well, and it seems to flow nicely. Thanks for the feedback.

I like the first scenes, you show the house and the area around it, the entrance area, but then you jump a bit and I don't know which side of the house I look at (but I like the backwards flying veranda scene). Try to circle the house in a continuous direction giving the viewer an orientation all the time. Mix the drone shots with scenes filmed with your mobile for the areas you can't fly the drone, but always let the viewer know "where he is".

Normally I use transitions but with that music (nice) and your short cuts I think it's ok without them.
Colors, saturation and exposure are nice and realistic, good work!
Sometimes I see a litte stuttering (i.e. 0:28, the house wall), raise the fps next time to avoid them or move slower.

Thanks for the feedback--very helpful. FYI, the house has no back yard per se; it is just the front and then the side where the tennis court is. I take your point about organizing the clips in a more systematic way so the viewer understands how the property is laid out.

Nice video and I'll leave the any creative discussion out as others have already touched on a few points. The video looks good in terms of image quality but it can be better.

You say you shot in D-log 4K but then you rendered out a 1080 version for Youtube? If a client wants 1080 for their media, well then thats okay, and it is what it is but; when it comes to Youtube, a 1080 uploaded video is not given the same treatment (in terms of codec and compression) as is given to a 4K video.

Simply put, when you upload a 4K video it is converted using higher quality compression and the overall results are better. What this means is, when you upload a 4K video and it finishes rendering, there will be 8 different resolutions from 144p all the way up to 2160p (4K) and all of them will have the better codec (VP09) as opposed to a 1080 upload which uses AVC1.

Nice video and I'll leave the any creative discussion out as others have already touched on a few points. The video looks good in terms of image quality but it can be better.

You say you shot in D-log 4K but then you rendered out a 1080 version for Youtube? If a client wants 1080 for their media, well then thats okay, and it is what it is but; when it comes to Youtube, a 1080 uploaded video is not given the same treatment (in terms of codec and compression) as is given to a 4K video.

Simply put, when you upload a 4K video it is converted using higher quality compression and the overall results are better. What this means is, when you upload a 4K video and it finishes rendering, there will be 8 different resolutions from 144p all the way up to 2160p (4K) and all of them will have the better codec (VP09) as opposed to a 1080 upload which uses AVC1.
When I decided to post the video seeking some feedback, I saw that other members posted their videos via YouTube links. My 4K version of the one minute video is 304MB, so I thought it might be better to post a 1080p video with its smaller file size (131MB). For the realtors I work with, I always give them both a 4K version which they use for showing the video on ipads, laptops, etc. and then a 1080p video for posting on their Instagram accounts. I do have a channel on YouTube and I think I'll start posting my videos in 4K based on your comments. Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

When I share a 4K video I normally upload it to a google drive folder. The quality is not nearly as good as viewing it on my own computer (Mackbook Pro) with QuickTime. I guess this is because Google compresses the file, which for a one minute video is over 300MB. Can you recommend a better way to share the file?

When I share a 4K video I normally upload it to a google drive folder. The quality is not nearly as good as viewing it on my own computer (Mackbook Pro) with QuickTime. I guess this is because Google compresses the file, which for a one minute video is over 300MB. Can you recommend a better way to share the file?
Unfortunately Google and sites like Youtube and Vimeo compress all uploads so if you want to share videos on-line thats about as good as you can do. Getting the most out of any online video is going to boil down to the rendering process and settings used when we finalize our video before upload.

My 4K video clips from my Mavic 2 Pro are running around 700 MB per minute and my ground gear runs slightly higher so I make sure my final edit and rendered video is at least that (or more) so as not to compress prior to upload. I recently uploaded a 6 minute video to Youtube and the file size was 5.3 gigs and it is about 95% as good as viewed locally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580