DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic3 Pro, SD card and card reader to transfer pics. Help please!

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Yes, I have read the manual. Yes, I have visited the quick transfer info. Yes, I am familiar with DJI products starting with the Mavic Pro(plus all the Phantom products)some years ago. Just need some pointers from the members in the know.
For a long time, my process has been pull the card, plug it into the card reader and plug it into my iPad.
The iPad goes everywhere I go because of the business emails and the Google search for quick information. I would like to know which clic button I’ve missed. New aircraft and old procedure isn’t working out.
After getting some pictures, I pull the card, plug it in, and no photos or videos available on the card. Information on the screen indicates not internal storage, but the sd card is highlighted.
If there is other information needed to help whit my dilemma, ask away!
Thanks in advance guys.

Can you connect the drone to the iPad with a cable? If so, are you able to see the card in the drone as an external device? Are the files there? (Drone must be powered on.) Have you confirmed that the files are not in the internal storage?

Last edited:
Interesting that this particular bug isn’t showing its head on any of my other DJI aircraft.
It's because DJI have gone to long file names with the Mavic 3/Mini 4 and Air 3.
They look like this: DJI_20231110131959_0017_D.JPG
Apple's default file viewer won't recognise the new longer filenames.
Ther older drones still output the same old shorter filenames.

My Mavic 3 doesn’t have this issue.(older firmware maybe) Just the 3 pro.(current firmware)Based on your information, probably just as you described, new technology that I’m not familiar with.
I’ll try the cable mentioned in post #5 and report back.

My Mavic 3 doesn’t have this issue.(older firmware maybe) Just the 3 pro.(current firmware)Based on your information, probably just as you described, new technology that I’m not familiar with.
See post #7.

I have several DJI drones including the Mavic 3 Pro and do not have any issues seeing or reading sd cardS on my iPad 12.9 Pro. I use several different card readers and pull the card straight from the drone and into the card reader. I use the files app and all the files are there and ready to transfer or edit.

RAC

The Mavic 3 file naming was changed to the new unique long file names in a relatively recent FW update which coincided with the release of the Mavic 3 Pro. Since the new long file names are the issue, that explains why your un-updated Mavic 3 doesn't have the issue: it's still using the shorter file names.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas