DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Merging AEB photos in the field

scottda

Reactions
Hi all, Just got my Mini 2, love it!!!!. Experimenting with AEB photos but need the opportunity to edit in the field. Dont mind if this is on my iphone 12 or my Ipad Pro. However the DJI Fly app does not merge the 3 AEB photos for you so need to do this via an app somehow on IOS (I know I can do this on a laptop but dont want to need to transfer to and from a laptop). How are other people doing this on iOS in the field?
thanks

Affinity Photo has an iPad app that is very close to the full features of the desktop version. It can do HDR merge, pano stitching, focus stack merging, and pretty much anything else you could ever want to do with a photo.

Affinity Photo has an iPad app that is very close to the full features of the desktop version. It can do HDR merge, pano stitching, focus stack merging, and pretty much anything else you could ever want to do with a photo.

thanks for the info...i have just had a look. It would be good to try before you buy to make sure i was happy with the results. Do you use it personally? thanks

I do most of my photo editing on the desktop these days. But I do own this app for iPad and have used the AEB merge feature. It does an excellent job, and has a lot features to give you control over the final look by using a set of sliders.

You could search for Affinity Photo HDR merge on Youtube to get a look at how it works and some example results.

I believe the desktop version of the software also has a pretty lengthy free trial. The iOS version is essentially a port of the desktop version with some changes to make it work well on a touch UI. So you could try it on a desktop for free and then pick up the iPad version if you like it.

I do most of my photo editing on the desktop these days. But I do own this app for iPad and have used the AEB merge feature. It does an excellent job, and has a lot features to give you control over the final look by using a set of sliders.

You could search for Affinity Photo HDR merge on Youtube to get a look at how it works and some example results.

I believe the desktop version of the software also has a pretty lengthy free trial. The iOS version is essentially a port of the desktop version with some changes to make it work well on a touch UI. So you could try it on a desktop for free and then pick up the iPad version if you like it.
Thanks, thats really helpful of you. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reactions: Hands Down
HDR Plus is a app for phones that I use. I am a photoshop user and tried to “escape” it but in the end decided not to go through the time and effort to become an affinity expert :).

HDR Plus is a app for phones that I use. I am a photoshop user and tried to “escape” it but in the end decided not to go through the time and effort to become an affinity expert :).
Hi, thanks for the reply. Do you mean you use HDR Plus to merge AEB photos taken from your drone? I just installed the app, I can see I can take AEB photos but I want to merge existing...am I just missing a trick? thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply. Do you mean you use HDR Plus to merge AEB photos taken from your drone? I just installed the app, I can see I can take AEB photos but I want to merge existing...am I just missing a trick? thanks
Ignore that, just figured it out. thanks

I bought/downloaded Affinity to give it a try and didn’t like the results at all. HDR Plus was OK but for now I will do any serious HDR on my computer within Lightroom using the Aurora HDR plugin. That is an excellent HDR program.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme